• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking to get a sling Brachypelma albopilosum?

Goshawk

I recently started getting into growing slings and was wondering if a curly hair Brachypelma Albopilosum would be easy to maintain as a sling.
I know they are docile but I was just wondering about the sling stage.

Nunua

3 Year Member
This little fellow (B. albopilosum Honduran) has give me no problems at all. Grows slow and may have long-ish premolt / fasting periods, but easy to keep - Just dry substrate and overflowing the water dish every now and then.
I guess the most difficult with this one has been rehousing as this little bugger can be such a pet rock and just sit still until getting annoyed :p

759b00782b.png

Last edited:

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Most if not all slings regardless of species can and will be skittish. B. albopilosum are one of the easiest to raise up from slings. My first tarantula was a B. albopilosum that I bought as a sling. Care really doesn't change all that much if at all.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
As slings they burrow but if you're lucky they will open a window at the side of their container so that you can watch their constant digging, they're just little bulldozers. I've had 5 in all and still have 1 of the original 3, a new sling and a grown on juvi Nicaraguan.
If you can get a Nicaraguan (true form) they are more hairy than the Honduran (hobby form).
They are adorable Ts at all stages and one of the easiest to raise from tiny slings.

Nunua

3 Year Member
All attitudes very. I've had nice, easy going slings and pure maniacs. I've got some very sweet adult females that were skittish when they were young. I also currently have a Male sub adult that will bite you if you give it a chance. ;)
So.. Are you saying that every tarantula, no matter age / species / gender, is an individual animal. Heresy! :eek:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So.. Are you saying that every tarantula, no matter age / species / gender, is an individual animal. Heresy! :eek:

Basically yes. My 1st 3 curlies were completely different to each other although roughly the same ages.. The calmest from the start was a male and the shyest also male but the one in between was female

Markmel77

This little fellow (B. albopilosum Honduran) has give me no problems at all. Grows slow and may have long-ish premolt / fasting periods, but easy to keep - Just dry substrate and overflowing the water dish every now and then.
I guess the most difficult with this one has been rehousing as this little bugger can be such a pet rock and just sit still until getting annoyed :p

759b00782b.png

Chingz

3 Year Member
My Albo is an actual pet rock. I can actually grab her with my hand from on top. And never has shown me a pose/kick hair.
She doesn't move much even when I poke the legs. Walk really slow and lazy.
I like to bring her to expos or gathering because she is very gentle and chill.
Anyway, I put my albo in a lil bit humid set. The cocopeat is always dark brown as she like to flip the waterdish whenever I put/refill the cup. After I wet the cocopeat she doesn't threw her cup anymore. So yeah....
This one is always a welcome sp.
So cute and sweet whenever I met one in expos...

Attachments

• 20190305_183945.jpg
    20190305_183945.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24