• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking ill after a molt

Phobik1

3 Year Member
My male G. Grossa molted overnite. He is soooooo much longer now but... he came out really thin and even though separated from his molt this morning he hasnt moved much at all and is sitting in the same spot.
I took a couple of videos showing him, twitching a bit, struggling to walk but cant seem to get the video uploaded here.

Attachments

• 20201026_132227.jpg
    20201026_132227.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • 20201026_132211.jpg
    20201026_132211.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19

Phobik1

3 Year Member
The larger they get the longer they take to recover and harden. They aren't strong enough to move around so soon after a molt so keep dish topped up and leave him be and in a few days he might start stretching out
Thats what i was hoping for. He came out of this molt soooo much bigger its crazy.
He was 3 to 3.5 inches in february. He looks like he is close to 5 inches now.

Volkswachter

Thats what i was hoping for. He came out of this molt soooo much bigger its crazy.
He was 3 to 3.5 inches in february. He looks like he is close to 5 inches now.
It's funny how they do that, right?! One of my M. balfouri males buried himself about... 2 months ago roughly and he genuinely startled me when he came out about twice the size he used to be, fast as greased lightning lmao!

I'm sure your buddy will be fine, like Matt said, the bigger they get the harder it is for them to move their body weight around with their new squishy bodies. I'm sure your T will be right as rain in 2-3 days.

Phobik1

3 Year Member
It's funny how they do that, right?! One of my M. balfouri males buried himself about... 2 months ago roughly and he genuinely startled me when he came out about twice the size he used to be, fast as greased lightning lmao!

I'm sure your buddy will be fine, like Matt said, the bigger they get the harder it is for them to move their body weight around with their new squishy bodies. I'm sure your T will be right as rain in 2-3 days.
Yeah, his size difference this time is rediculous. As soon as he is up and about ill get a few pics for comparison. Thanx.