• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for Tarantula breeders in WA state!

ierydeary

3 Year Member
Hi! I'm pretty new to T's, but I've wanted one for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately my mom refused because she is a bit arachnophobic, but she promised me she'd help me get one once I was out on my own!

So I am looking to get my very first spider! I am pretty sure I want a Rose hair. I would also REALLY love an Avicularia Versicolor, but I've read mixed info about their temperments. But mostly good about Rose hairs, so I probably should start simple. :p

ANYWAY! To get to the point, I am looking for any local breeders in WA state, preferably closer to the kitsap county area. I would rather avoid going too far, but I am not having much luck finding any nearby.

Does anyone know of a breeder or have some resources that might help me? Thanks!

Rbales427

3 Year Member
You are pretty much in the same boat I am. I have had issues finding local breeders here, but I love on Whidbey island and the small local pet store is able to special order pretty much any species I ask for. Unfortunately I do not know of any in your area, closest known breeder I know to me is in Mt Vernon, but I avoid going to him. I don't agree with his husbandry habits.

ierydeary

3 Year Member
Man that is so frustrating. I really wanted to avoid going to Petco or Petsmart, but my options are looking a little slim. :\

Oh well. :(

Frances Pauli

3 Year Member
Someone on here mentioned that bugsincyberspace.com was WA local. He doesn't have a huge selection, but there's some nice t's on his list for beg. species.
And since we have some WA folks here, if you guys are interested, we are forming a WA state invert enthusiasts group, mostly for online hangouts and chats, but with the possibility of some field trips in the future.
Link is: http://wies.webs.com/
Good luck finding your tarantula! I try to avoid the chain stores too. Keep an eye on Craigslist too, occaisionally a rose hair will pop up on there. I just picked up a big female from a local guy who was looking for a home.

ierydeary

3 Year Member
I looked into that website! It says he's based in Oregon, from what I could find.

Thanks for the tips, though! I went and ahead and called the local chain stores anyway, and there are at least 3 Rose Hair's in my close vicinity. So worse comes to worse, I can go there.

AlleyKitten

Yeppers... already mentioned with the link.

Thanks guys! I ended up purchasing a couple slings from a breeder I found on Craigslist. I have had my spiders with me for almost four months, they're doing wonderful. I wish I could purchase more locally but I now live on the east coast. :)

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
Thanks guys! I ended up purchasing a couple slings from a breeder I found on Craigslist. I have had my spiders with me for almost four months, they're doing wonderful. I wish I could purchase more locally but I now live on the east coast. :)
Find the local FB Tarantula group/page and you will find vendor/breeders all over the east coast

AlleyKitten

I bought two slings, Grammostola pulchripes and a C elegans. Also purchased an aquarium for my snake and was given lots of free snake deco!

sdsnybny

3 Year Member

Latest posts