• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Longest time before eating?

timc

3 Year Member
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering what’s the longest time you’ve had a tarantula go without eating after you got it? Last Tuesday I got ten new family members and all have eaten, some multiple meals now, but my T. vagans has not. It’s only been a week and I’m far from worried, i just wanted to hear what other keepers have experienced as far as time settling in before eating.

(Also, the vagans was the first to burrow so I know she’s healthy and just spidering)

Grandsouls

My G Porteri female has went over a year without feeding.
I have read many stating it to be very normal and needing to settle in. When I got my Avic she ate the first night when I got her then never again for a month, then molted.
Just give it time, make sure its got water and keep offering it food every now and again. Who knows maybe it just ate a mega meal before it got to you.

Nunua

3 Year Member
My tiny Brachypelma auratum sling was fasting for around 6 months, suddenly accepted a piece of mealworm and molted 3 weeks later.

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
So far the longest my GBB has gone without eating is about 6 weeks. That's from premolt to molt about 4 weeks and about 2 weeks to harden up again and finally eat again.

Latest posts