• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Little scorpion has a new home

Marija

3 Year Member
A few days ago, my friend Toni calls me to tell me he found a little scorpion in a sports gym, alive but not looking so well. Living in Osijek, I never heard of anyone seeing a scorpion, let along finding one in a sports gym.
How that little thing got there is a mystery.
Toni brought the little one to my house and I'm happy to say that it's eating, fattened up a bit and it's very lively :) I couldn't be happier!
Don't know the species, if it's a species native to Croatia or some other... My sister named it Yasuko.

18740282_1372673106143206_9120434818291716886_n.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I would say it is an escapee that has found its way into someone's kit. I looks much like my son's Heterometrus petersii in which case it needs a humid home.

Marija

3 Year Member
I would say it is an escapee that has found its way into someone's kit. I looks much like my son's Heterometrus petersii in which case it needs a humid home.
Could be. A thought that crossed my mind is that it escaped from the pet store since it's very near to that sports gym.
Gave the little thing a humid home and it livened up till the next day a lot.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Could be. A thought that crossed my mind is that it escaped from the pet store since it's very near to that sports gym.
Gave the little thing a humid home and it livened up till the next day a lot.

That is possible if they are close. I'm sure it'll be fine now, always good sign if they eat.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A few days ago, my friend Toni calls me to tell me he found a little scorpion in a sports gym, alive but not looking so well. Living in Osijek, I never heard of anyone seeing a scorpion, let along finding one in a sports gym.
Toni brought the little one to my house and I'm happy to say that it's eating, fattened up a bit and it's very lively :) I couldn't be happier!
Don't know the species, if it's a species native to Croatia or some other... My sister named it Yasuko.

View attachment 24289
It was working out.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

View attachment 24289
I Believe it may be one of these Euscorpius carpathicus,Euscorpius germanus, Euscorpius italicus,Euscorpius mingrelicus and Euscorpius. Acording to the internet those are the speices native to your Country

Marija

3 Year Member
I Believe it may be one of these Euscorpius carpathicus,Euscorpius germanus, Euscorpius italicus,Euscorpius mingrelicus and Euscorpius. Acording to the internet those are the speices native to your Country
I was looking at those species but still don't know which one it is. I can say first handed it has a very very mild venom since I've been stung by it yesterday lmao (gotta stop sticking my hands into everything). I only felt a burning sensation for like a half an hour maybe hehe

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was looking at those species but still don't know which one it is. I can say first handed it has a very very mild venom since I've been stung by it yesterday lmao (gotta stop sticking my hands into everything). I only felt a burning sensation for like a half an hour maybe hehe
from what I read its lke a wasp sting. And doesnt last to long. Ive been reading up a bit on them.;)
Glad to hear it wasnt to bad. Im not sure if this applies to all species but , the bigger the claws the less potent venom and smaller the claw the stronger the venom. But pretty cool that it was randomly walking around and your friend found it for you.

Marija

3 Year Member
from what I read its lke a wasp sting. And doesnt last to long. Ive been reading up a bit on them.;)
Glad to hear it wasnt to bad. Im not sure if this applies to all species but , the bigger the claws the less potent venom and smaller the claw the stronger the venom. But pretty cool that it was randomly walking around and your friend found it for you.
My friends dad works as a janitor at that sports gym so I suspect that he brought the little scorp in his luggage when he was at our seaside.

Latest posts