• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Leaving hobby

nbm02ss

3 Year Member
Hi all,

I would like to shift my focus (and money) to pursue other things in my life at this time, and as such I've decided to part ways with my collection. It's modest, but nearly all of the specimens are molt confirmed females (by me). Not interested in separating, or shipping, as I'd prefer to include their habitats along with the tarantulas. Here's what I have:

0.1 Acanthoscurria sp. Red: $300 5 - 6"
0.2 C. dycolus: $120 (60 each) 3.5 - 4"
0.1 H. maculata: $75 2"
0.1 L. striatipes: $150 3.5"
0.1 T. vagans: $75 3"
0.1 C. huahini: $120 5-6"
0.1 T. strimi: $175 7+"
0.1 S. calceatum: $100 3.5"
0.0.2 P. metallica: $180 (90 each) (sold to me as females but sex not confirmed by me) 1.5"
0.1 C. lividus: $120 4"
0.1 P. petersi: $200 5-6"

Take it all, including the enclosures and a discoid roach colony, for $1200. Located in Florida, Tallahassee area. Pics upon request.

Terms: Pick up, ONLY. No LAG since this will be an in-person transaction. Cash only.

Last edited by a moderator:

nbm02ss

3 Year Member
I should have mentioned that I'd meet within a ~2 hour driving distance for a serious committed buyer. I'm open to offers, but I do not need to part with these tarantulas so keep that in mind. Also, I would be open to some kind of partial trade involving a confirmed P. rufilata female; it's the only T I'd be interested in keeping right now.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This would be a bit of a drive from Queens, NY if not I would be already knocking on your door :D
Take care and break a leg.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm a 7 hour drive from you. I would take them off your hands if you shipped.

nbm02ss

3 Year Member
T. stirmi

Attachments

• 20201106_090655.jpg
    20201106_090655.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27

nbm02ss

3 Year Member
I'm going to change the terms a bit as follows:

I'll sell individual species out of the collection but only if you come and get it. Individual prices apply in the OP, or best offer. If you buy multiples I will offer a discount. Enclosures will go w/ the T that is currently housed in that enclosure. Note that the T. stirmi is in a large Exo-Terra and I'll have to disassemble the inside set-up of live plants and substrate to move the enclosure safely, but I can bag/wrap all of that up if the buyer wants to replicate. I have no interest or willingness to ship at this time.

nbm02ss

3 Year Member
Bumping this up. Only T left is the 0.1 Acanthoscurria sp. Red. $280 or reasonable offer.

I might could be talked into shipping at buyer's expense, but I've never ever shipped a T before so it's a little intimidating.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Bumping this up. Only T left is the 0.1 Acanthoscurria sp. Red. $280 or reasonable offer.

I might could be talked into shipping at buyer's expense, but I've never ever shipped a T before so it's a little intimidating.

Hey there! I recommend watching Steven Stamps tarantula packing video on you tube. It's how I learned how to pack spiders years ago. He does a wonderful packing job and it's super easy! :) I hate to see you go but hope you come back to the hobby some day. It's always nice having you here as a member of the community! :)

nbm02ss

3 Year Member
Thank you, Casey! I will check that out on YouTube.

I'm not truely and completely leaving the hobby as I did finally get a hold of a huge female P. rufilata; my dream T. However, without getting too into the weeds about it, sometimes life comes at you fast and forces you to reexamine things, as I'm sure lots of other folks can relate to.

I'm still in the shadows lurking and vicariously living the hobby through folks on here and YouTube, etc.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you, Casey! I will check that out on YouTube.

I'm not truely and completely leaving the hobby as I did finally get a hold of a huge female P. rufilata; my dream T. However, without getting too into the weeds about it, sometimes life comes at you fast and forces you to reexamine things, as I'm sure lots of other folks can relate to.

I'm still in the shadows lurking and vicariously living the hobby through folks on here and YouTube, etc.

Thats good to know. :) I know what you mean by "life happens". I recently moved my daughter back in and sold most of my tarantula collection. :) I will, of course, continue to talk to my importer and do business with him and possibly sell spiders from a different location. I'm just taking it down a notch for a little while. We'll see how things go but I'm definitely gonna stick around for a while. :)

nbm02ss

3 Year Member
Updated TOS (if I feel confident shipping): LAG is provided only via FedEx overnight shipping to an appropriate FedEx ship center and only covers the cost of the animal, not the cost of shipping. Proof of deceased animal must be provided within 3 hours of available pick-up window.

Latest posts