• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Lampropelma violaceopes female for sale?

Eye of Chaos

Hello, im new here but Ive been trying to find someone who has a Lampropelma violaceopes female for sale? I have a 1.5" sling and just found a molt.....that confirmed male. I have over 50 species of Ts but a violaceopes female has always been one I've wanted for years. I know males are more common in this species and in total I've gotten about 5 males over the years so i'm ready for a little lady.

If someone has one they would like to sell and ship, please let me know! I live in Tennessee by the way.

Thank you

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I have one that just molted this week but is too small for me to sex. Since your male isn’t that big I’d suggest buying a few unsexed slings around the same size maybe? It’s usually cheaper that way and you can recoup most of your money by selling the males later. Just my opinion.

Eye of Chaos

Ya, I will probably do that with him. I did buy 5 in total. 4 about a year or so ago and all turned out male, which I sold to a pet shop about an hour from me. I was buying a female of another species a few months ago and saw a sling listed so thought, "why not". Vent wise he looked female so I was hoping to break my bad streak, but after digging out his last molt tonight saw it a was male. I usually have good luck, especially when I buy multiple but this species is driving me crazy and to be honest Ive never seen any dealers sell a female. Thanks for letting me know. I have a thing for blue/purple spiders (my xenesthis sp. blue female is my crown jewel) so I would love to finally get my hands on a violaceopes female.

Latest posts