• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Juvenile B. Hamorii not eating... how long can it go without food? possible premolt?

NataliaTG

3 Year Member
Last time my T ate was 16 days ago. Before that, it went for a whole month without food.

Its abdomen seems fine, I don't think it has lost weight.

I mean I know it's normal but since it's my first and only T I don't have much personal experience.

Also, he/she's a huuge hair kicker. Like, it's bum is pretty much naked by now. Whenever I throw a prey item in there it just runs away and kicks hair. Could it be that it is in premolt?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
All my Hammori don't kick hair...I have 6. She could be in premolt. Some of my ladies will go 200 plus days before the come out of their burrows. Just keep the water dish filled. They make you learn patience. My favorite overall T hands down.

TheVez2

3 Year Member
If I recall correctly, I had a 1/2" one go 6 months without eating. May have been longer, but I know it was at least 6 months.

Latest posts