• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US @jrh3 BEWARE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NukaMedia Exotics

3 Year Member
Bought I. mira and N. incei juvie females (with overnight Fedex shipping) and received them today. The N. incei arrived gravely injured (huge abdomen that looks as though hanging onto the carapace by a thread) as well as missing a leg (which was inside of the container) however the I. mira was alive and well. I had recorded the unboxing of the animals as well as took photos of the injured tarantula after the fact which I sent to this seller and notified him of what the situation was. He proceeded to argue with me for an hour making up every excuse you can think of to not honor his live arrival guarantee, from the package being delivered late which wasn't his fault (however he doesn't claim this in his terms on this sales page), that I messaged him 45 minutes after package delivery (because I'd been unboxing the animals along with another package I'd received), and even going so far as to say that the tarantula didn't look like the one he'd sent me and that there was no way he'd packaged it in this way that allowed it to be injured so that I must have repackaged the tarantula to cover for my own mistake.... After arguing over this for an hour (which is not something I like to do and especially not over receiving a dead animal from a seller who doesn't want to take responsibility) he finally refunded me the cost of this one animal after I told him I was going to dispute the payment. So I end up with just an I. mira for the pricey shipping I paid. Horrible experience I would never deal with this seller again, beware.

Video of housing this female into her enclosure:
IMG_6733.jpg

jrh3

3 Year Member
Truth be told there is 2 side to the story. I will keep mine short. Over the 6 years of shipping tarantulas this is the first injury i have ever had, first complaint to be honest.

The Tarantula was packed with its abdomen facing the lid, the video shows it coming out head first, there is no way possible for it to have turned around in shipping, i pack them tight so they cant move alot, i am still stuck on the idea you dropped it or something when opening it. Either way, you got your money back for the Tarantula you paid for. As for shipping everyone except you understands that it is one cost for the box, shipping cost is not broke down for each spider in the same box. This means if you buy one or 20 the shipping cost is the same if you fit them in one box so you can’t say your stuck with one expensive spider shipping cost has nothing to do with the value of the spider. You got your refund so stop crying. I honored my end of the deal and refunded you the spider so trying to drag my name in the mud won’t hurt my sales one bit.If you are telling the truth about the spider then FedEx is to blame for rough shipping. If you lying then i will still sleep well tonight.

Dw07u

I do PC Builds, whenever we finish a build we take pictures of how it's packed and sealed, or even record a video on more expensive builds, exactly, for this reason, we have seals on the box that indicate tampering prior to delivery, etc too. This minimizes "my word against theirs" situations. We also charge shipping insurance, but I would imagine courier companies won't insure living creatures...

jrh3

3 Year Member
I do PC Builds, whenever we finish a build we take pictures of how it's packed and sealed, or even record a video on more expensive builds, exactly, for this reason, we have seals on the box that indicate tampering prior to delivery, etc too. This minimizes "my word against theirs" situations. We also charge shipping insurance, but I would imagine courier companies won't insure living creatures...

good idea, i will start doing something more along these lines. FedEx normally covers issues but they cancelled it all due to covid which makes no sense because they will still take your money but not offer refunds. This is really my first issue in 6 years of shipping Tarantulas and maybe close to 15 years of shipping inverts and reptiles so I think ky average is pretty great.

Dw07u

good idea, i will start doing something more along these lines. FedEx normally covers issues but they cancelled it all due to covid which makes no sense because they will still take your money but not offer refunds. This is really my first issue in 6 years of shipping Tarantulas and maybe close to 15 years of shipping inverts and reptiles so I think ky average is pretty great.
Yeah, that is a pretty great average!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Truth be told there is 2 side to the story. I will keep mine short. Over the 6 years of shipping tarantulas this is the first injury i have ever had, first complaint to be honest.

The Tarantula was packed with its abdomen facing the lid, the video shows it coming out head first, there is no way possible for it to have turned around in shipping, i pack them tight so they cant move alot, i am still stuck on the idea you dropped it or something when opening it. Either way, you got your money back for the Tarantula you paid for. As for shipping everyone except you understands that it is one cost for the box, shipping cost is not broke down for each spider in the same box. This means if you buy one or 20 the shipping cost is the same if you fit them in one box so you can’t say your stuck with one expensive spider shipping cost has nothing to do with the value of the spider. You got your refund so stop crying. I honored my end of the deal and refunded you the spider so trying to drag my name in the mud won’t hurt my sales one bit.If you are telling the truth about the spider then FedEx is to blame for rough shipping. If you lying then i will still sleep well tonight.

This is why I don't use FedEx. I have had SOOOO many DOA's due to rough handling because they have a time crunch. The spiders life is more important than the courier used for shipping (imo).

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Depends on which courier you use.

jrh3

3 Year Member
This is why I don't use FedEx. I have had SOOOO many DOA's due to rough handling because they have a time crunch. The spiders life is more important than the courier used for shipping (imo).
What shipping company do you have the best of luck with? You can PM me if you don’t wanna post it here. Im open to anything to have less chance of a package being tossed around. I have received a few packages lately that was smashed up from being stuck.

jrh3

3 Year Member
"No possible way" however that is literally what happened and you're STILL trying to deny it. No Fedex isn't to blame your packaging is clearly. Fedex doesn't make them lose a leg and more that's your packaging. You're super argumentative and unable to accept your mistakes and its ridiculous.

did I honor the LAG and were you refunded? its a simple YES or NO. WE ARE DONE.

NukaMedia Exotics

3 Year Member
did I honor the LAG and were you refunded? its a simple YES or NO. WE ARE DONE.
Yes after an hour of arguing and trying to blame me, which it says in the post. I am done you keep replying to my thread trying to make yourself sound better than the situation is lol.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My two cents here :D Casey K has packaging down to a science! I could have literally hit the box with a baseball bat and the Ts would have been alright (I am definitely not a baseball player and yes, I would have likely miss the box but you get the point and kids, do not try this at home). This doesn't mean jrh3 that there was anything wrong with your packaging (I just know form receiving some of Casey's Ts that her packaging is solid) and I trust I will at some point be getting Ts from all of you, only then will we all know who the packaging champion is :D
What's important here is that a T died before her time :(
Following a life working in customer services, I know mistakes happen as well as issues completely out of our control. Deescalating the situation usually comes a long way. I understand both the seller and buyer's frustration. Hindsight is 20/20 but as the seller I would have just apologized to the buyer and immediately issue a refund without the shipping cost after receiving proof the T was indeed dead. Moving on I would have made sure to save the name and address of the buyer and would kindly declined future sales due to the poor shipping/delivery conditions in the buyer's area. Apologizing (either deserved or not) and an immediate refund would likely encourage the buyer to leave a positive feedback on the seller who went above and beyond to make things right (even if the seller might have not done anything wrong). At the end it is one person word against another and we could all use to be nicer to each other considering we are all stressed with the current pandemic.
As two of history greatest sages said: Be excellent to each other!

Status
Not open for further replies.