• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It's a B... (An Avics Story)

N8tive556

3 Year Member
A couple months ago, a great little addition came into my possession, an Avicularia avicularia. I was told I almost didn't get it because it's a B grade, and my friends at the local pet shop try to avoid B grade animals. But when it was presented to me, I felt for the little guy, the supplier doesn't really tend to their inverts so in the small cup was its last molt missing 3 legs and I of course opened it up and inspected it. Well it's a male, this much I knew but what I couldn't tell, was why he was missing 3 legs... Small little twigs had regenerated but not knowing if they'd ever fully grow back was kind of a bother to me how ever I wanted to give him the best shot he had at living his life to the fullest. So he came home with me, well I am happy to report he has just molted again and his legs are fuller than before! Maybe they'll fill out more and more after time! I'll post before and afters later