• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this the right enclosure size for my Boehmei?

FireNationPrincess

Hey! :) Just got this little guy today and I thought he’d be bigger. I prepared this enclosure instead! The plants are fake and I’ll moisturize it before putting my T there! What do you think?
2B224D7E-4A51-4E4C-8F9A-E024159CBB54.jpeg

testdasi

Hey! :) Just got this little guy today and I thought he’d be bigger. I prepared this enclosure instead! The plants are fake and I’ll moisturize it before putting my T there! What do you think?
That enclosure is perfectly fine for the T size.
Judging from the T size and the floor tile, I would say you can provide a water dish and overflow it periodically instead of misting. Given yours look like a young juvie, it probably won't appreciate wet substrate (unlike slings).

Have you got a something to make a hide?
A small piece of cork bark. Or even folded piece of cardboard. Or cut up the core of toilet paper roll.
Something simple will do.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
paper seems to mould quite quick.I will personaly not use it as a hide.Cut plastic pots make great hides too.
Regards Konstantin

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Pack the substrate down to make it Terra firma, tarantulas hate soft, fluffy substrate

Latest posts