• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my T dying?

Palmster

He/she molted like a week ago, and now its on its back again. I'm scared it might be dying. It might be because we changed up the enclosure earlier today cause a superworm decided to burrow in the T's enclosure. Im pretty new to tarantula keeping too so i'm really scared.
20210330_210738.jpg

Kazegal

This looks like the molting pose. Are you sure he/she already molted? The legs don't seem to be curling inwards, which is good. Monitor the situation closely and I would advise against touching or moving it (since it really does look like it will molt).

Palmster

I think its dehydrated, I've sprayed some water in it's enclosure and dropped a drop in uts mouth hoping for the best. It's very unlikely that it fell, cause it's under the cork bark.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantulas don't die upside down.

How's it doing now?

Is it possible your T fell from the top of the enclosure, landed on its back?
Actually they can. I lost a T. Stirmi in a pose just like the OP. Molted 4 weeks prior. I didn't disturb it until it became putrid. Not common, but can happen.

Sending you good vibes @Palmster

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Actually they can. I lost a T. Stirmi in a pose just like the OP. Molted 4 weeks prior. I didn't disturb it until it became putrid. Not common, but can happen.
Thanks for sharing. Sorry for that outcome.

I should've said I've never had one pass that way, if not dying in mid-molt, which I have experienced - which was awful.

Latest posts