• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my feeding ok?

Dyron.s

Hi Guys, i got my B. Boehmei for quite some time now. She molted twice since i have her. Although everything is going nicely, i am really nog sure if i am feeding her enough/overfeeding her. And if crickets are enough or should i mix up my feeders from time to time? I give her about 2 crickets a week and She’s approximately 7-8 cm.
Every piece of advice is welcome :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14

Tarantulafeets

2 times a week seems a bit excessive, but it depends on the size of the crickets.
Also:

Welcome to the forum!

Dyron.s

So far, so good. Abdomen size is healthy. Crickets are a fully balanced meal, so you don't have to change them up. I agree: 2 crickets per week may be a bit excessive. Use her bum as a go by
2 times a week seems a bit excessive, but it depends on the size of the crickets.
Also:

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you for the advice :) with excessive you mean it can/ may be more or less? The crickets are about the size of the carapace

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you for the advice :) with excessive you mean it can/ may be more or less? The crickets are about the size of the carapace
Excessive, in regard to frequency vs size of the meal, is almost not as relevant as how often.

Once "overfed" tarantulas will often go for long periods of fasting, similar to how they fast when in premolt, although, I've had tarantulas that have fed up to the day before molting; that's their programming.

I used to feed often so I could see my tarantula take down prey and ad such those fee individuals lived very short lives. Now I just keep more Ts and can see 100 of them eat lol so less pressure on a few individual spiders. YMMV

Dyron.s

Excessive, in regard to frequency vs size of the meal, is almost not as relevant as how often.

Once "overfed" tarantulas will often go for long periods of fasting, similar to how they fast when in premolt, although, I've had tarantulas that have fed up to the day before molting; that's their programming.

I used to feed often so I could see my tarantula take down prey and ad such those fee individuals lived very short lives. Now I just keep more Ts and can see 100 of them eat lol so less pressure on a few individual spiders. YMMV
Thankyou very much for the advice :) i think i’ll just check the bumb to make sure she is healthy fed.

Latest posts