• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my enclosure to big for my salmon pink ?

Bennyboy999

Hi there guys I need help I’m not sure if I have the right enclosure for the size of my tarantula I’m not sure if the enclosure is to big or small I’m not sure how big he/she is but I will post some photos of tank and my salmon pink I’m new to all this I absolutely love tarantulas and I really want to get into this more

Attachments

• 4F03216B-0B09-4369-8CEA-ABA70AAEAC65.jpeg
    4F03216B-0B09-4369-8CEA-ABA70AAEAC65.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
  • F9DEEE03-0B10-49B1-976F-98B577A0B1F9.jpeg
    F9DEEE03-0B10-49B1-976F-98B577A0B1F9.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 55
  • A950CC70-CDAF-4245-B3A3-F4866E4746BC.jpeg
    A950CC70-CDAF-4245-B3A3-F4866E4746BC.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 53
  • 42388D19-ED05-40EC-BF07-478D53DE9826.jpeg
    42388D19-ED05-40EC-BF07-478D53DE9826.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 45

Bennyboy999

No you’re enclosure is fine I had an LP in one the exact same same colour and everything, it can stay in there until 6 inches. Nice choice to start with there hairs are pretty bad though so I’d were gloves when doing maintenance. Welcome to the forum and the hobby and you will be hooked soon lol
Thankyou so much and OMG I know them hairs are soo itchy my t has just started to eat he had two mealworms in one day how often do you reacon I should feed him for the size the t is I don’t know if I’d ever overfeed him or anything lol

AndrewClayton

Thankyou so much and OMG I know them hairs are soo itchy my t has just started to eat he had two mealworms in one day how often do you reacon I should feed him for the size the t is I don’t know if I’d ever overfeed him or anything lol
It’s relatively hard to overfed an LP I’ve had 3 altogether and all 3 were eating machines. At that size if you’re Feeding 2 mealworms at a time I’d just stick to once a week or 1 mealworm twice a week it’s upto you it will probably take more but I’ve found if you do overfed them they fast for quite some time before moulting, if you just stick to a couple of mealworms a week it will eat right up until it moults

Bennyboy999

It’s relatively hard to overfed an LP I’ve had 3 altogether and all 3 were eating machines. At that size if you’re Feeding 2 mealworms at a time I’d just stick to once a week or 1 mealworm twice a week it’s upto you it will probably take more but I’ve found if you do overfed them they fast for quite some time before moulting, if you just stick to a couple of mealworms a week it will eat right up until it moults
Okay thankyou mate I really appreciate all your help :) I will stick to 2 times a week feeding

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
We have one & it's not one of our best eaters. I tend to feed once or twice a week depending upon the cricket size I have. Our L parahybana is about 3-3.5 inches & spent much of it's first few weeks with us in a burrow. It has now molted & is out most of the time, but if taking the lid off does make it run for cover, sometimes dropping a cricket in will.

My enclosure is the 31x 21 x 21cm Komodo & it seems relaxed & happy in there with around 4 inches of substrate in there.

I have had no issues with hairs off my LP, but I have read that those cheap hayfever tablets that cost around £1 for 14 days worth, are very effective as relieving any irritation, if it happens.

AndrewClayton

Hairs never used to affect me at all no matter what species but since about April this year that changed i we’re gloves even just to change the water and I still use the Tongs to get the water lol