• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my B.Auratum sling ok?

Jes

Hi guys. I am just new to the hobby. I got my first T last July which is a GBB sling. Today I got 2 new slings (B.Auratum and LP both 1.5") and I am a bit worried about my Auratum. She seems weak because when I transfered her to her enclosure, its like she doesn't want to move . I tried to push her a bit but she has little to no reaction. My GBB and LP slings are not like that. They are very sensitive and quick to bolt. I'm afraid that she might be starving or dehydrated that's why she is not moving. I sprayed a little bit of water on the substrate in front of her so she can drink. Its been hours now and she still hasnt moved. Should I be worried?
Thanks in advance.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Could you provide a clearer picture so we can help you?

Edit:- Sorry video wouldn't work the 1st time I tried.

Last edited:

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Good morning,
I would leave it alone
Give it a little time to get used to it’s new home, it doesn’t look unhealthy to me.

NorseDad

Yeah, it looks healthy. I think you're just seeing species difference. My GBB and LP slings are way more active and skittish than my B. auratum.

Pcancerides

3 Year Member
I bought ten B. Auratum slings for like $180 shipped and everyone of them was dead within a week and the seller basically said to me "sucks to be you."

About two years ago I bought a sexed pair of sub adult B. Auratums from a guy in the Pacific Northwest for $300 and both are doing well and I'm happy with them.

Don't buy slings.