• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is it ok to leave dead uneaten mealworms in sling enclosure?

bbolivier1234

Hello everybody so i have this obt sling and like every feeding time i feed it a chopped up mealworm the thing is that when i dropped it in there it fell in her burrow and she didnt seem to grab it nor will she grab it in the future since shes been fasting. Is it dangerous to leave dead feeders in enclosure? She is pretty fast so im scared that while extracting the carcass she will bolt( like she did many times). What should i do?

ArachnoHorn

3 Year Member
Hello everybody so i have this obt sling and like every feeding time i feed it a chopped up mealworm the thing is that when i dropped it in there it fell in her burrow and she didnt seem to grab it nor will she grab it in the future since shes been fasting. Is it dangerous to leave dead feeders in enclosure? She is pretty fast so im scared that while extracting the carcass she will bolt( like she did many times). What should i do?
Depends on what feeders. Mealworms will dry up pretty quickly and shouldn’t cause a issue if you just leave it in there.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If the T is offended by the object it will extricate it all by itself. There are few tarantula emergencies save escape; lest it become moldy and fetid, you could leave dead enough alone.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
j33.gif

MBullock

3 Year Member
rotting mealworms are disgusting. i buy 1000 ct bags of them and when they all start dying it's the worst smell ever

Latest posts