• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Idea for the site (hope you dont mind)

Donk

3 Year Member
First things first I want to say I like the site and its looking good, very professional and slick,

Second thing is I know its a growing site so I know things do take time, (they may be in the pipeline already) but I have a couple of suggestions. I hope you do not mind Josh and mods (sorry do not know all of your names..so have posted a message ehre rather then to each of you)

1. You have a area for the two main types of T....will there be a subsection in these main forum areas for Caresheets..either posted by fellow users from experience or a collection of experience looked through and edited to make a full caresheet thats collaborated on from all of us?

2. Bit of fun (geeky-ish too) We all know T`s by shop names and some by Latin, would a section for common and latan names be posted so that newer keepers and people wanting to learn/refresh upon scientific names have a quick pinpointed section for reference. Also a link to the genus name and subname displaying that trantula would be brilliant (perhaps use a photobucket account and link too, for example Brachys...clickable link takes you to and album with pics of the differing types of Brachys)

3. Already mention I believe a section for galleries.

4. An area to post information on old world and new world.

These are a few ideas I think would make the experience of this site even better, and as I have mentioned may already be in the pipeline.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for the suggestions! Good feedback is what will help us grow faster and adapt better!
I think group-edited caresheets would be a great idea. We could have a caresheet subforum for all of these...
If someone would like to create a latin/common name reference thread I will happily sticky it so that people can easily find it and get to it!
Galleries are coming slowly but surely. For now you should be able to upload all photos directly to your posts/threads.
I'll look into old/new world subforums! Should be an easy addition
Thanks again for the feedback!

Donk

3 Year Member
Thought of another

5. Ive re read the guidelines for site usage, I don`t think anyone would delibiratley break these or try to use technicalities to bend them....however if this was to occur, would the person receive an email notifying them of the incident, would there be bans issued and if so any time periods or outright bans?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Good question. Warnings are issued initially then temporary bans (if necessary) and a permanently ban if the problem persists. You will be notified if you receive a warning or ban.

donna

3 Year Member
Thank you for the suggestions! Good feedback is what will help us grow faster and adapt better!
I think group-edited caresheets would be a great idea. We could have a caresheet subforum for all of these...
If someone would like to create a latin/common name reference thread I will happily sticky it so that people can easily find it and get to it!
Galleries are coming slowly but surely. For now you should be able to upload all photos directly to your posts/threads.
I'll look into old/new world subforums! Should be an easy addition
Thanks again for the feedback!
the caresheets are a great idea

donna

3 Year Member
is there a way to upload pics so they show on your profile? sora like facebook? could there be?

Latest posts