• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I see a spot on my B smithi

tapkoote

3 Year Member
after I down loaded a feeding vid, I noticed a spot that wasn't there after the last molt. Anyone got any ideas. IMG_6675.jpgScreen Shot 2018-05-03 at 2.15.59 PM.jpgIMG_0400.JPG https://flic.kr/p/243uGoE

ReeceJones

3 Year Member
don't worry about it at the moment. My B. hamorii (ex smithi) has a bald spot. However i would check every now and then for anything else.

Attachments

• IMG_2490.jpg
    IMG_2490.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 11

Vlad805

after I down loaded a feeding vid, I noticed a spot that wasn't there after the last molt. Anyone got any ideas.View attachment 29693View attachment 29694View attachment 29695 https://flic.kr/p/243uGoE

I noticed a very similar spot on mine just a few days ago. I just posted on here with pictures of mine as well. I am hoping it's premolt hair kicking as well and not anything sinister... Some breeder on Instagram spooked me and told me that it looks like some form of cancer and told me his smithi has the same thing and it's persistent after molt. Please keep me posted on whether yours goes away or not or if it grows.

Attachments

• IMG_20190201_184954.jpg
    IMG_20190201_184954.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20190201_184933.jpg
    IMG_20190201_184933.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 11

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I noticed a very similar spot on mine just a few days ago. I just posted on here with pictures of mine as well. I am hoping it's premolt hair kicking as well and not anything sinister... Some breeder on Instagram spooked me and told me that it looks like some form of cancer and told me his smithi has the same thing and it's persistent after molt. Please keep me posted on whether yours goes away or not or if it grows.
It's urticating hair.

tapkoote

3 Year Member
It disappeared with mew molt. He's fine now.IMG_0827.JPG

Latest posts