• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need a bit of help

Alabamabones

So i got my pink toe tarantula about a month ago but wasnt entirely sure on the feeding of it, i read somewhere that its supposed to be fed once a day for four days then again after six or ten days but i wanted to make sure its alright, can anyone confirm since i am new to this whole thing? Thank you.

glitchsixxle

hi! it depends on the age of it. slings only need to be fed every 3 or so days (or a small pre-killed prey item) twice a week. juveniles 2 medium crickets a week or just one if they are fat. adults maybe 4 large crickets every two weeks. cut back a bit if they have huge abdomens. hope this helps, and this video is of good reference

Alabamabones

hi! it depends on the age of it. slings only need to be fed every 3 or so days (or a small pre-killed prey item) twice a week. juveniles 2 medium crickets a week or just one if they are fat. adults maybe 4 large crickets every two weeks. cut back a bit if they have huge abdomens. hope this helps, and this video is of good reference
Thank you!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Feed slings every 3-4 days, or once a week

Feed juveniles every other week

Feed adults every 3-4 weeks, or once a month

If you follow this schedule you will have your Ts for a good long while

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
As a teenager a priest friend always said there are always at least two correct answers to everything. Above that is proved true. Both are correct. But for me, personally, I feed my slings twice a week using beheaded mealworms & offer everything else live food once a week, removing any uneaten / unwanted food from all my T's after 24 hours.

Other correct answers may follow.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Same idea as @m0lsx , I feed mine every weekend (regardless of size). I put in the proper amount of crickets and dubias and see their reactions. Ts that will jump right away on it get a few more preys. If there isn't an immediate attack, I leave the prey overnight and will remove it after 24/48 hours max if uneaten. Except for MM, the size of the abdomen is what I refer to and I sometimes skip Ts with a very large abdomen (I have a few that have let themselves go :D )
After a while you should be able to get a sense of your Ts behaviors with preys and their eating habits.
Cheers.