• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I have two LP slings seems to take forever to grow

Wolfclans

How long does it take for a LP sling to grow? I have two of them it's been 7 months I got them at half inch..so far I been feeding them crickets have right temps and water all the time in there enclosures.they molted a few times already there supposed to be the third largest in the world seems to be taking forever for them to grow.

Attachments

• IMG_20200816_095222671.jpg
    IMG_20200816_095222671.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200816_095239061.jpg
    IMG_20200816_095239061.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 12

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum and the hobby. The best thing this hobby can teach you is patience. 7 months is nothing. We personally have Ts that have gone longer than that without eating , let alone molting. Even something as fast growing as an Lp will take a few years to grow to adult size. I’d do more research thou and don’t look at online care sheets. LPs do get big and are impressive but they aren’t the 3rd largest.

Wolfclans

Welcome to the forum and the hobby. The best thing this hobby can teach you is patience. 7 months is nothing. We personally have Ts that have gone longer than that without eating , let alone molting. Even something as fast growing as an Lp will take a few years to grow to adult size. I’d do more research thou and don’t look at online care sheets. LPs do get big and are impressive but they aren’t the 3rd largest.
Thanks for info I am new at this hobby and look forward to continuing raising slings

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
7 months & molted a few times!!! That is fast. My A johnnycashi & H chilensis have only molted once with me in that time.

Personally, I would say how fast a T molts has less to do with the species & conditions, than it does with the T it's self. I have several T's where I brought more than one sling from the same source at the same time & few of them have ever molted at the same time as each other.

Latest posts