• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I have high protein dog food. Is this good to include in my roach show for red runners?

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That's a good question. I've heard of folks using dog food for some of their roaches but I've never done it, myself.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Personally I use dry dog food for my roaches. I have Pallid, Dubia & two different species of giant. But I soak the dry food in boiling water for 5 minutes plus, first & then serve a few lumps on a small piece of tin foil as moist food.

The main food I feed is porridge, with some flaked fish food over it. Mine love flaked fish food, I then also give fresh fruit of veg too. Bananas I find go black & mushy too quickly. Cucumber turns to liquid, which makes a mess. But apples, oranges (minus the peel,) lettuce, cabbage, celery leaves & potatoes all get eaten & keep the alternate day check & top up easy.