• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I bought another one...I have a problem :(

Matt300ZXT

So I'd been thinking I wouldn't mind a bit of a bigger tarantula, one already well established with some size. I went down to my tarantula guy's house today to pick up another t. albopilosum (got 2 itty bitty ones as freebies on my first visit) that is the Nicaraguan variety, and she is quite large, at least for what I'm used to. I'd say she's about 4" or a hair under and is currently exploring her new home quite actively so I don't want to take the lid off to get a good photo of her. Since I know she's a female (I don't know what the other spiders are), I'm going to name her Tarantulina Jolie.

This is the first of my larger spiders I've rehomed without doing it in the bathtub in case they bolted. I was comfortable tipping her old home over into hew new home and booping her in the butt with my feeding tongs to nudge her forward. After a minute, she fully stepped into her new home and made straight for the corner to climb a little so I put the lid on and got her stacked on top of my a. seemanni that's going to be her closest neighbor.

I also got a cool s. maurus, or Israeli gold scorpion as a freebie (had a choice of I think an Asian forest scorpion was it's name, and it was big, black, and vicious looking). I named it Krav Maga after the Israeli martial art lol

Latest posts