• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

?Humidity concerns?

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
Hi everyone,
I have two A. avics and one LP. Should I be concerned about low humidity? I can't get it above 30 percent. I have even borrowed a room humidifier and put it relatively close to the spiders, but it doesn't seem to help raise the level. Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.
:T:

Last edited:

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If you have an enclosure with a water dish, your intra-enclosure humidity is often quite higher than your ambient room humidity.:beer:

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Where and how are you measuring humidity? I was going to say what Wolfspider said, but he worded it much much than I would have.

I have a snake enclosure with bone dry Sani-chips in the bottom and between the humid hide and large water bowl it stays between 80 and 90% humid in there all the time, which is perfect for the species. (Unicolor cribo)

Either way, just make sure they have a clean water source all the time.

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
They each have ample, clean water. The LP enclosure gets a lite misting every so often. I guess I shouldn't be overly concerned about it.
:T:

Latest posts