• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How long to wait for a sack?

Grandsouls

Bred my G Porteri’s I think about 3 months ago.
She’s looking plump she has been eating quite a lot as well though.
I was just wondering is there certain Tell tail signs that she could be laying soon?
How long should you wait until you attempt breeding again?
Kept in silent room that’s dark 99% of the time and 80-82 degrees
4EA0F169-A454-42AE-ADB6-F2701CF814DF.jpeg

Here is the girl :)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
10-12 months isnt unheard of for some species to drop. My Tliltocatl albopilosum Nicaraguan just dropped a sack 10.5 months after pairing her. The sperm is still good until they activate it. So theres no real need to pair her again. I cool my ladies down to drop...low to mid 70s. I also will water her enclosure really good to get her in the mood to start silking. I raise the temps to 82 once they drop.
20200521_173529.jpg
20200521_222456.jpg

Grandsouls

10-12 months isnt unheard of for some species to drop. My Tliltocatl albopilosum Nicaraguan just dropped a sack 10.5 months after pairing her. The sperm is still good until they activate it. So theres no real need to pair her again. I cool my ladies down to drop...low to mid 70s. I also will water her enclosure really good to get her in the mood to start silking. I raise the temps to 82 once they drop.View attachment 47073View attachment 47074

I had her at low - mid 70s for quite some time before breeding.
I am missing the humidity big time though her enclosure has been bone dry, I’ll start misting to increase her humidity

Latest posts