• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How do you change a media albums privacy setting?

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I needed to move photos of my albopilosums out of my Brachys album and create a new Tlitocatl album. I initially managed to create the album after clicking on the 1st photo to be moved. Copied the URL and moved the rest.
I noticed that the privacy settings are wrong and only I can view the album. Trouble is I can't find any way to change it. Can anyone shed some light on this problem please?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Click on your user name, top right, Go to preferences and you should find it in the list there.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Thanks @Enn49 . I tried that but it just gives a list of email alert preferences.
I've looked everywhere but I can't find a way. The only place I've found where I should be able to change it is scrolling down in the album, where it lists the album privacy settings. But it doesn't allow me to click on and make changes.
The only thing I'm able to do, is enable the album for moderation. I've done this, in case only moderators can make these changes.
I use my mobile as I don't have a pc. Maybe that's the issue?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ive had the same problem. After the site changes I noticed people where posting photos in my albums. Somehow these albums weren't private anymore.
The cure is....start a new album and transfer your photos to it. The moderators and Josh have looked into it and its unfixable at this time.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Ive had the same problem. After the site changes I noticed people where posting photos in my albums. Somehow these albums weren't private anymore.
The cure is....start a new album and transfer your photos to it. The moderators and Josh have looked into it and its unfixable at this time.

Thanks cos I was wondering what was going on with this issue. Now I got my answer :) :beer:

Latest posts