• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How curly is my Curly? :)

x_raphael_xx

Hi all,
Can someone confirm my t.albopilosus?
Having compared pictures I assume mine is the Honduran/hobby form, rather the Nicaraguan/true form.
The true form seems curlier, mine’s hair seems straight.
Thank you!
4C276E52-61D7-4C96-ABD8-B91317951446.jpeg

NorseDad

It's definitely a T. albo. It could very well be Nicaraguan, it just looks young. (I'm assuming that's a standard bottle cap in the photo.) They get more fluffy as they get larger. My two 1/2" slings are essentially bald. Yours looks plenty fluffy for the age.

x_raphael_xx

It's definitely a T. albo. It could very well be Nicaraguan, it just looks young. (I'm assuming that's a standard bottle cap in the photo.) They get more fluffy as they get larger. My two 1/2" slings are essentially bald. Yours looks plenty fluffy for the age.
Oh that's interesting to know, she's about 6cm.
The pet shop just had her labled as 'curly hair'.

Is there any other way to distinguish the forms other than hair curlyness?

liquidfluidity

3 Year Member
My Nic. Raised it from a sling. Unsexed as I don't really care. Cool guy either way.

Attachments

• 20211006_200506.jpg
    17.5 MB · Views: 11

TokeHound

Hi all,
Can someone confirm my t.albopilosus?
Having compared pictures I assume mine is the Honduran/hobby form, rather the Nicaraguan/true form.
The true form seems curlier, mine’s hair seems straight.
Thank you!
View attachment 59951
I just got a Curly Hair from my friends and it's a sling, and right now it's hairs are straight like yours.I hope it turns into a cactus when it gets older!

Latest posts