• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hobbyist made Enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazaar

Selling our hobbyist-made plexi-enclosures. We hand drilled each one, which takes about 5-10 mins each. I find that these tiny vents allow 360 air flow and doesn't dry out the Ts that need higher humidity, or Ts that need a nice and dry environment. The comparison would be the same containers that have the big large screen vents that I feel don't have the same cross ventilation as ours. There's vents on all 4 sides and even the top. Depending if you're going to house Terrestrial or Arboreal Ts, please order accordingly.

We wanted to share our passion for having nice enclosures to show off. I know there's a lot cheaper plastic containers that only need a needle to add vents, but if you like our enclosures. Please reach out.

We have 3 sizes of enclosures Small (slings - under 1/2"), Medium (juvies 1/2" to 1") and Large (3/4" to 1-1/2")

For SALE:
Small - $ 8.00 ea
Medium - $10.00 ea
Large - $14.00 ea

Buy 2 to 5 get $1.00 off ea
Buy 6+ get $2.00 off ea

Grow Set - $29.00 ( 1 small / 1 medium / 1 large enclosure )

20200928_072146.jpg

Inventory
Terrestrial​
Arboreal​
Small
Medium
Large
Grow Set

Shipping is not included and will be quoted to you accordingly. We ship USPS Priority from Los Angeles, estimate is about $8.90 depending on order quantity. We bubble wrap the enclosures so there should be no damages to the boxes. But if there are going to be any claims, we reserve the right to deny claims that are not done with in 8 hours of receipt.

Story
My son and I just got into the hobby, and wanted to show off our Ts to friends; so we made these plexi-enclosures for our Cameroon Red Baboon (Hysterocrates Gigas) and Antilles Pinktoe (Caribena Versicolor). We made vents accordingly so each T will have an environment that will not be disturbed. I did find it more challenging to feed the Arboreal, as we needed to be quicker to keep the tiny crickets from jumping out (not a big deal).
20200928_072814.jpg

How To
We used a Dremel to make the vents, so there are going to be variations in hole size, but nothing big enough for slings to be able to escape. As mentioned, these boxes are drilled by hand so there might be some melting rings. We also did our best to poke any holes that sealed up during the process with a paper clip. That's why it takes us so long to create vents in each box. Please don't come back and ask for returns, complaining about the boxes not being brand new. These are unused brand new boxes, and of course we can not claim "new" since we made vents through them. So again, these are unused enclosures.

Hope you enjoy our "show off" boxes with family and friends.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Appreciate the effort. Address your husbandry thou. C Versi needs a hide. The Gigas could also do with having more floor space. It’s burrowed away I assume but they are fairly fast growing and before you know it it’s too big for your current setup. They are fossorial not arboreal.

Bazaar

Appreciate the effort. Address your husbandry thou. C Versi needs a hide. The Gigas could also do with having more floor space. It’s burrowed away I assume but they are fairly fast growing and before you know it it’s too big for your current setup. They are fossorial not arboreal.

Thank You - any tips help as we start our venture together. It's kind of nice these days an age to find something I can bond with my son. Get him off the table or phone.

Bazaar

Husbandry is a term given to an animals setup and care. So a C versicolors husbandry is basically abit of substrate, a hide and a water dish in an arboreal enclosure with plenty of ventilation.

Hi Matt (sorry assuming that's your name)

Thank you for the advice. Here's my addition to the husbandry for the C.Versi - I'm glad you replied.

20200928_112908.jpg

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi Matt (sorry assuming that's your name)

Thank you for the advice. Here's my addition to the husbandry for the C.Versi - I'm glad you replied.

Hi
its something but still not right.
You will be better to add a piece of cork bark vertical and some clutter near the top.Your setup is too exposed and the cork bark will provide them with stable surface for them instead of being on the sides and the clutter will provide cover and anchor points for webbing. Keep their substrate dry and provide waterdish.A bottle cap will be good option.
Not the best looking enclosure but will give you idea.
20200422_181902.jpg

My C versi drinking.
20200701_142346.jpg

Regards Konstantin

Bazaar

Keep their substrate dry and provide waterdish. A bottle cap will be good option.

Regards Konstantin

Thank you for the reply, I'll work on making better enclosures.
I currently mist once a week to keep substrate moist and provide adequate water. I read that slings might drown so avoided adding a bottle cap. But seems like so far I might be wrong, and will add a water dish.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Thank you for the reply, I'll work on making better enclosures.
I currently mist once a week to keep substrate moist and provide adequate water. I read that slings might drown so avoided adding a bottle cap. But seems like so far I might be wrong, and will add a water dish.
All Avicularia species (C versi is ex Avicularia)
have a bit more specific care requirements. Stop misting the substrate. Too humid and stuffy enclosures are known Avicularia killer.Keep substrate dry and add waterdish. You can very very lightly mist the side or webbing to add secondary water source option but dont over do it.I use dropper and add one small water drop on the web but dont mist myself.
I will personally add a line of holes lower near substrate level too to increase ventilation .
Your enclosures are beautiful its just the setup that needs adjustments.
Regards Konstantin

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank You - any tips help as we start our venture together. It's kind of nice these days an age to find something I can bond with my son. Get him off the table or phone.

I'm sorry but off the table? Somehow I'm picturing a toddler running rampant through your house, lol.....just finishing his daily sugar rush! That's too cute! Hehehehe.....

Bazaar

I'm sorry but off the table? Somehow I'm picturing a toddler running rampant through your house, lol.....just finishing his daily sugar rush! That's too cute! Hehehehe.....

Pretty close - just glad we can have something to do with our hands (that's not connected to electronics).
Hope people like our enclosures.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Pretty close - just glad we can have something to do with our hands (that's not connected to electronics).
Hope people like our enclosures.

Oh I understand completely! Electronics are bad for kids.....so many people could hack into their devices and email accounts. It's just terrible....I always teach mine to "ignore" certain things in life....if they don't let it "effect" them it's not all that bad. :) That way, nothing ever becomes of it. It's good that you're hands on and keep your son from electronics. It's so much more fun to take them outside to play....or to the park....or read to them. ;) I plan on upgrading my phone and all of my content entirely...new email, mobile number, etc.....but my son's phone is about to be factory reset and sold. He is really attached to it but I think it's time for a change. When I was a kid we didn't have cell phones. Ahhhh the good ol' days.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts