• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hobby Lobby DIY enclosures

Bananahead

3 Year Member
Hey guys,

Does anyone else use Hobby Lobby acrylic display boxes? I know lots of people use them for arboreals but I love them for terrestrials as well. They're super simple too. Drill holes for cross ventilation and some sand paper to the corners as they can be seal nice and tight. Plus they're stackable!
IMG_20180823_133158.jpg
IMG_20180823_133214.jpg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I tried them once a long time ago with my T stirmi and she kept pushing the lid off. I never tried it with anything else...gave up on them quick. I like the way they look though.

Bananahead

3 Year Member
Hmm, the lids on mine are so tight I can barely get them off to feed them lol. Thats why I sand paper the edges. Maybe they changed their design a lkttle

KWISE89

Im new to the hobby and been looking for different types of DIY enclosures outside of AMAC boxes. Definitely going to look into these. Thanks fort the idea!

Latest posts