• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hisser care?

Aracnoenthusiast

I'm considering getting my 5yr old daughter a pet hisser, dont worry she's totally into bugs, I'm curious what the care would be. Kitchen scraps and roach food I'm aware of. But what are the moisture requirements for the substrate? Thank you all

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
I'm considering getting my 5yr old daughter a pet hisser, dont worry she's totally into bugs, I'm curious what the care would be. Kitchen scraps and roach food I'm aware of. But what are the moisture requirements for the substrate? Thank you all
Definitely get some - they make great pets especially for kids :)
Very easy to care for they do like damp sub(but not soaked) I mist ours a couple of times a week - they do love the kitchen scraps and roach food.. We keep ours with some rotten white wood and leaf litter/moss in their enclosure and they seem to do well :)
I know others may keep them different especially if they are being used as a feeder for Ts but I think if you are keeping as pets you can do the best you can for their enclosure :)

m0lsx

Tarantula Club Member
I keep my hissers without substrate. I use egg cartons for cover within the enclosure. They need moisture, so I use bug gel. For food, I use a mixture of porridge & cheap fish flakes, plus a slice or two of fruit.

Latest posts