1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi there from Georgia!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by barefoot, Sep 13, 2018.

1. barefoot

barefoot New Member

Hello everyone from me to you! Looking for an informative group for help with my T's. Years ago I had a Brachypelma hamorii and just loved her. Had her for 10 or so years then let a neighbors son have her. Always wished I hadn't opened my mouth and let her go. At any rate, I had been talking to my now husband about her and how much I liked her. Was at a pet shop and to what to my wandering eyes did appear? I called him, said we had an extra small aquarium at the house and could I get something to put in it. He immediately said if it was a tarantula, NO. I worked on him a bit and got it. It is a Grammostola porteri. Found someone that was letting his collection go and I certainly raised my hand. I now have 8. One of each: Poecilotheria metallica, Idiothele mira, Monocentropus balfouri, chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, (ah yes, my first love) Brachypelma hamorii, Sericopelma angustum and a Brachypelma albopilosum. Gotta love the hubby! He's used to them now. I am hoping I did the correct spelling. I always call them by their common name. Getting ready to rehouse the Monocentropus balfouri. Home is too small and can use all of the suggestions I can get.

Looking forward to getting to know other T lovers out there.
    MassExodus likes this.
  2. Enn49

Enn49 Moderator Staff Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

Hi barefoot, welcome to the forum. There's a great bunch of friendly, helpful people on here so any questions please feel free to ask. You've got some great Ts there already :)
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  3. Arachnoclown

Arachnoclown Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Welcome to the group!!!!:T:
  4. MassExodus

MassExodus Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

I miss my porteri. I gave her away to a friends kid as well. Welcome to TF!
  5. Logan D

Logan D Active Member 3 Year Member

Welcome to the forum
  6. Tortoise Tom

Tortoise Tom Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome.

I was just in GA! I love it there. I was working in Senoia, and staying in Peachtree City. Georgia is high on my list of places to go when I leave crazy town here in CA.
    MassExodus likes this.
  7. LC72uk

LC72uk Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

Welcome to the Group ............LC72UK:):T:
Draft saved Draft deleted