• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cinda

I bought my 1st T last fall, a Lampropelma violaceopes - Singapore blue and loved him/her so much I recently bought a 2nd sling, an Acanthoscurria geniculata - Brazilian white knee.
I have each T in enclosures from Jamie's and tho each spider seems to be thriving, I worry about the temp in my townhouse being too cold for them. And I know artificial heat sources is often frowned upon. The temperature in my home averages 70°. Is this too cold for my T's? Ive moved them upstairs, where it stays a bit warmer, and have increased the temp by a few degrees but I still worry. I'm sure it's warmer than that in Singapore and Brazil.
The Lampropelma is around 9 months old. He/she stays inside the burrow with tunnel webbing. I rarely see it! The Acanthoscurria seems to just be getting used to his enclosure. I've only had him about a week.
Id love to hear back with anyone who can provide me with more detailed information about each of my slings, tips tricks or anything else you think might be beneficial. I am a first time tarantula owner and very much in love with the hobby and my new babies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-09-11-22-57.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-09-11-22-57.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_2019-07-05-18-58-05.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-05-18-58-05.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 19

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Btw, any T in the hobby will survive at room temp. I recently raised my T room temp to 78, after raising mine for 10 years around 70° year round. Some like hotter temps, and all T's are more active at 80 or 90, and will grow(molt) faster, eat more often, and show themselves more. Power feeding also affects growth.

Cinda

Btw, any T in the hobby will survive at room temp. I recently raised my T room temp to 78, after raising mine for 10 years around 70° year round. Some like hotter temps, and all T's are more active at 80 or 90, and will grow(molt) faster, eat more often, and show themselves more. Power feeding also affects growth.
Wonderful! Thank you for your help and reply