• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey there everyone!

Miguel

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Miguel, an exotic pet and nature enthusiast living for more than 20 years in Chile. Born and raised the first half of my life in northern Europe, I've always enjoyed nature, fauna and flora. Since a few years I've come to realize that I actually live in a quite awesome country regarding arachnids in general. They are plenty and can get quite big, including spiders, scorpions and opiliones (stunning species here!).

I recently wildcaught two half inch slings of a local tarantula specie, but as I'm no expert I'm confused with identifying them. There are for sure siblings as I stumbled upon then exactly at the same spot and looking the same. They are gorgeous and I need urgent help to identify them (please help!!).
I've kept them separately in a small acrylic container with drilled cross ventilation holes, some dirt with moist and dry spots, a natural hide and a small bottle cap for water. I've been feeding them with Dubia nymphs and the love them! So far so good!

As a total Tarantula newbie and these babies are my first to keep I hope I'm keeping them accordingly, if not, I'd appreciate recommendations and insights. I'm attaching two photos in case you can help me with identifying them.
Thanks to you all!!

Best,
Miguel

Attachments

• IMG_20211014_165922.jpg
    IMG_20211014_165922.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20211014_165931.jpg
    IMG_20211014_165931.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome to the forum! I am Casey. It's very nice to meet you. Congratulations on your new found tarantulas. :) It is difficult to identify tarantulas when they are slings (depending on the species). Most of them look a lot alike. I would wait until they molt a few times, take some pics and post them here on the forum. The bigger they get, the easier they are to identify. Good luck in your ventures and if you need help or have any questions, we are here for you! :)

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome,

There is a group/ website dedicated to tarantulas called Tarantulas Chilenas that might be able to help. They also use the Wix app which I think is like Facebook.

SmartSelect_20211104-212842_Chrome.jpg

Please keep us apprised of how things go.

Noodlelove

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Miguel, an exotic pet and nature enthusiast living for more than 20 years in Chile. Born and raised the first half of my life in northern Europe, I've always enjoyed nature, fauna and flora. Since a few years I've come to realize that I actually live in a quite awesome country regarding arachnids in general. They are plenty and can get quite big, including spiders, scorpions and opiliones (stunning species here!).

I recently wildcaught two half inch slings of a local tarantula specie, but as I'm no expert I'm confused with identifying them. There are for sure siblings as I stumbled upon then exactly at the same spot and looking the same. They are gorgeous and I need urgent help to identify them (please help!!).
I've kept them separately in a small acrylic container with drilled cross ventilation holes, some dirt with moist and dry spots, a natural hide and a small bottle cap for water. I've been feeding them with Dubia nymphs and the love them! So far so good!

As a total Tarantula newbie and these babies are my first to keep I hope I'm keeping them accordingly, if not, I'd appreciate recommendations and insights. I'm attaching two photos in case you can help me with identifying them.
Thanks to you all!!

Best,
Miguel
I'm so impressed with how colorful they are. I have a Peruvian species sling Lasodorides policuspulatus. Mine has nowhere near the color that your babies have. If they're this bright now cuz I can't even imagine how gorgeous they're going to be as adults. Welcome aboard. I'm a newbie too.

Latest posts