• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hes back!!!!

FishermanSteve

3 Year Member
The godfather "Rob C" is back and asking for our help. If you haven't seen or subscribed to his page you are missing out. Hes truly the godfather of YouTube tarantula videos...show him some love.
I was definitely disappointed to hear he didn’t want anything that kicks hairs. That eliminates like half the hobby and some of my favorites for sure

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was definitely disappointed to hear he didn’t want anything that kicks hairs. That eliminates like half the hobby and some of my favorites for sure
I almost recommended something in the Heterothele genus via the comments, but forgot. He seemed to prefer OWs back then anyway. Plus more keepers should raise both the villosella and gabonensis.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm the same way. I've been in the hobby 38 years. I lean towards non hair kickers myself. I still have some though...my favorites. Im getting tired of my hands and arms are constantly itching. :confused:

FishermanSteve

3 Year Member
I'm the same way. I've been in the hobby 38 years. I lean towards non hair kickers myself. I still have some though...my favorites. Im getting tired of my hands and arms are constantly itching. :confused:
I know what you mean. Like 2 months ago I rehoused like 30 adults, mostly brachys and grammostola, over a two week period and my arms were tore up. I guess I’ve always leaned more toward NW terrestrials because the adults are almost always out on display and I get to enjoy them everyday.

GarField000

3 Year Member
I saw this movie in my suggest YT part and watched it.
I don't know the guy honest ... but the first thing i thougt was W000000000000t, no more T's because a move? I don't care where I move to, even if it was to the US I would never leave my T's or sell them.

I don't know about laws so that might be a reason .... but I have attention span off a goldfish if i'm not facinated right away.

So I stopped watching sorry. Maybe I should watch him more ...... dunno.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I saw this movie in my suggest YT part and watched it.
I don't know the guy honest ... but the first thing i thougt was W000000000000t, no more T's because a move? I don't care where I move to, even if it was to the US I would never leave my T's or sell them.

I don't know about laws so that might be a reason .... but I have attention span off a goldfish if i'm not facinated right away.

So I stopped watching sorry. Maybe I should watch him more ...... dunno.
He said the weather conditions were way below freezing ...the Ts wouldnt have made it that time of year. Sometimes you got to put on your big boy pants and do what's right...for his family and his spiders.:confused:

Austin S.

3 Year Member
Pretty cool dude.

Was always a fan of him.
I friended him on FB, but not sure he has read my message.

Told him I will compile a list of cool personal species, and he can pick one for free.
Kind of a 'Thanks for everything".

So if anyone has spoken with him, or continues to do so, tell him to check his messages ;)

KevTK

3 Year Member
Glad to see him back. He's the one that got me into the hobby all those years ago.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
When I think about it, it's funny that when I first started in the hobby in 2014 there were only a few relevant channels out there. Rob C, Jon3800, Marilyn Moore, and Sturmy76 that is around the time Rob really went on hiatus. Now it seems like everybody has a tarantula based YouTube channel.

GarField000

3 Year Member
When I think about it, it's funny that when I first started in the hobby in 2014 there were only a few relevant channels out there. Rob C, Jon3800, Marilyn Moore, and Sturmy76 that is around the time Rob really went on hiatus. Now it seems like everybody has a tarantula based YouTube channel.
And not all are good. Some populair ones are only for sensation and have so many subscribers. People Like Tom Moran with very, very, very good information only has 25k or so.

FishermanSteve

3 Year Member
I actually liked Jon3800 better. I just love down to earth hobbyists. I think that’s why I enjoy watching everything Tom Moran

Latest posts