• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help sexing newly molted pink toe

Noreenns

My pink toe just molted I checked the abdomen but can't tell if it's Male or female can anyone tell from the pic?
20190609_172023.jpg

Noreenns

A better picture? It's not possible for me to take a closer or higher quality pic then the one I posted lol....... unless it doesn't upload the same quality as what I see...... I've never posted anything here before so I'm unsure if I've don't it correctly.

Noreenns

Ok thank you..... ill take another one......I really hope it's a female! She's only my second T my first one I had 5 years was killed by my daughters visiting cat while I was sleeping.....I didn't know I could be SSI sad for a spider. I used to be terrified of spiders now I'm in crazy spider love

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
:)That picture is a lot better, but I still don’t see a spermatheca. What @Arachnoclown means is to spread the skin out a little more in the marked area. You can put it in a little water with a drop of dish soap. Leave it in for about 5 minutes. Then try to spread the skin a little more and take another picture...:T:

Noreenns

It's so hard to open it without tearing it..... is it possible she's too young? Or does age matter?

Attachments

• 15601228886703310440883468369946.jpg
    15601228886703310440883468369946.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36

Noreenns

Oh a boy is sad..... what's the best case for how long he'll live? Thank you so much for your help! I guess he's a Charlie not a Charlotte lol. He was about the size of a loonie when I got him and this is his 3rd molt since November. He's a beautiful cobalt blue color....... does that help anyone tell me what type of pink toe that makes him? Any suggestions on the best site to buy T's in Canada? When he finally comes out of his web I'll post a pic of him. My female that died was named Crowley ill guess I'll go with non gender specific names in the future since I'm now wrong 2/2 lol

MrKrowe

Here's what a female avicularia looks like...View attachment 38212it however may still be young but this photo is from a young speciem as well. They are all males till you see this...I wont call them anything else.

Fair enough. I've never seen a plate that pronounced on a male. Maybe there should be a welcome kit for all new formum members that includes a macro camera, a set of lights and a short course in spider photography.

Latest posts