• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help, please

edyssee

Hello there,
This is my first ever post in a forum, but I don't really know who to talk to about my tarantula. So, I gut an adult chromatopelma cyaneopubescens nearly 2 weeks ago. She was kind of thin and had a hairless spot on her abdomen. She looked like she was in premold. I brought a cork tube for her. She went in and has been in there since then. I tried to feed her, but she refused and webbed entrance and exit. So she is in premold, but I do not know if she will make it, she is so thin and is barely moving. I have a water dish next to the tube and I regularly check if she needs a refill. Hasn't touched it yet. I just hope the tube is wide enough to mold in it, I really do not want her to get hurt. I am worried. But I do not think that I can do much else than wait. Do you have any advice for me? I will attach a picture of her.

Attachments

• IMG_20210121_083943.jpg
    IMG_20210121_083943.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 19

Mundo exotico

Hello. By your description it looks like it is in premolt. What I can advise you is to let her be. Check just the waterdish. This species is from dry environment.
I would leave her alone and relax. When she opens the enclosure she is ready to eat. Some Ts take a lot in premolt from 2 weeks to some months. So I would not worry. Just check her once a week.

edyssee

Hello. By your description it looks like it is in premolt. What I can advise you is to let her be. Check just the waterdish. This species is from dry environment.
I would leave her alone and relax. When she opens the enclosure she is ready to eat. Some Ts take a lot in premolt from 2 weeks to some months. So I would not worry. Just check her once a week.
Thank you so much! Dry environment? Ooh. The seller told me to keep her at 70-80% humidity. The coconut-fiber is completely dry now, I haven't sprayed, so i hope the number goes down real fast:(

Mundo exotico

Cheers. I have one a. seemani that was burrowed for like4 or 5 months. And I dont see my H mac for at least 3 months.
:)
Thank you so much! Dry environment? Ooh. The seller told me to keep her at 70-80% humidity. The coconut-fiber is completely dry now, I haven't sprayed, so i hope the number goes down real

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Your spider is not thin...she looks great. Gbbs don't use burrows...they web up there own dens . You just need to place alot of fake plants and sticks around that cork bark, she will do the rest. They like dry arid environments. Just keep her at normal room temperature and just give her a water dish.

edyssee

Your spider is not thin...she looks great. Gbbs don't use burrows...they web up there own dens . You just need to place alot of fake plants and sticks around that cork bark, she will do the rest. They like dry arid environments. Just keep her at normal room temperature and just give her a water dish.
Good to hear, I'm sorry, I am very knew to the hobby and I am very easily worried. My plan with the cork tube was, that she could use it to build her web around it, to have many anchor points and she has some fake plants. I really didn't think she would go in there, because it is kinda small.

edyssee

But I am gonna add more plants and sticks to give her more possibilities! Tahbk you!

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to the forum & the hobby. We all worry about our T's. I have just taken mealworms out of my slings & there are at least 7 slings, that I am having to fight myself over, as I really really want to dig them out, just to check they are OK.

edyssee

Welcome to the forum & the hobby. We all worry about our T's. I have just taken mealworms out of my slings & there are at least 7 slings, that I am having to fight myself over, as I really really want to dig them out, just to check they are OK.
Thank you! I guess I just need to trust in my sweethearts that they will be OK!

Latest posts