• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help and advice needed...

I know this will be a little bit pathetic, but I would like to ask for any input or advice regarding my videos. I made over 120 of them, but so far it looks like I'm going nowhere. What I'm doing wrong or missing guys? Thank you!

Jess S

I subscribed to you a while back. I don't think your doing anything wrong. It's a shame that your feeding videos have over 1k views while others have a lot less. Don't feel you have to make clickbaity videos for views. Carry on doing what your doing and eventually your channel will grow.

I subscribed to you a while back. I don't think your doing anything wrong. It's a shame that your feeding videos have over 1k views while others have a lot less. Don't feel you have to make clickbaity videos for views. Carry on doing what your doing and eventually your channel will grow.
Oh, that was heartwarming, thanks a lot for this!

Hi
I had a quick look at your channel yestetday.
Particularly a rehouse video of a juvie of yours.It did made good impression to me.It seems U care a lot for your animals and u have great attention to detail when you setup your encloses even when they are not final ones .I suscribed:)
Keep up the good work:beer::beer::beer:

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What @Jess S said, especially when it comes to clickbait titles. Just do things your way, no need to do things in a way that you don't care for. I made a channel a while back (no videos yet) and I wrote in the about section something along the lines of "don't expect fancy editing and clickbait. I do things the way and when I want to". I think those who truly value knowledge will click on your videos as well as a few others.

On a similar note, I thought I subscribed to your channel a long time ago, turns out I've been following you on Instagram for a year or so, not YouTube, so I rectified that a few days ago and subscribed.

What @Jess S said, especially when it comes to clickbait titles. Just do things your way, no need to do things in a way that you don't care for. I made a channel a while back (no videos yet) and I wrote in the about section something along the lines of "don't expect fancy editing and clickbait. I do things the way and when I want to". I think those who truly value knowledge will click on your videos as well as a few others.

On a similar note, I thought I subscribed to your channel a long time ago, turns out I've been following you on Instagram for a year or so, not YouTube, so I rectified that a few days ago and subscribed.
Thank you so much, it makes me feel better :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Premium Member
I am such a dinosaur I had to look up clickbait! ha ha

Now I know what it is I hate it already and think it is why there is so much wrong with social media these days and why a lot of people only feel valued by the number of likes they get.

I have a youtube channel for one reason....its the only way I could quickly share some of my breeding videos on this forum. I don't care how many subscribers I have, how many likes or none of that superficial stuff. I care about my spiders, I am trying to breed them and I want to share my passion, that's it.

@The Sweet Escape, my advice is stick to what you like doing for YOUR reasons, not for anyone else's. Many already have commented that they enjoy what you are doing so that's the only reassurance needed as I trust and respect a lot of people here. The only 'bait' you should worry about is what to put on your hook when you go fishing!

Dipping your tackle in the water is very therapeutic. ;):D

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am such a dinosaur I had to look up clickbait! ha ha

Now I know what it is I hate it already and think it is why there is so much wrong with social media these days and why a lot of people only feel valued by the number of likes they get.

I have a youtube channel for one reason....its the only way I could quickly share some of my breeding videos on this forum. I don't care how many subscribers I have, how many likes or none of that superficial stuff. I care about my spiders, I am trying to breed them and I want to share my passion, that's it.

@The Sweet Escape, my advice is stick to what you like doing for YOUR reasons, not for anyone else's. Many already have commented that they enjoy what you are doing so that's the only reassurance needed as I trust and respect a lot of people here. The only 'bait' you should worry about is what to put on your hook when you go fishing!

Dipping your tackle in the water is very therapeutic. ;):D
If you don't like clickbait, whatever you do, avoid 95% of paranormal channels if you ever come across any.

gognomie

Other than Exotics Lair and The Dark Den, tarantula/invert channels don't seem to do amazing on youtube but they do seem to have a loyal fanbase.
Your videos are pretty solid, you've got good pacing and information and I subscribed straight away but you've got to be true to yourself and your vision for your channel. I'm a content creator myself and one trick to being happy is to value the fans you've got, they'll ride and die with you and enjoy your content because it's your content and share your passion. These fans are worth a lot more than some fly-by-nights who checked out a video because it's got a great clickbait title. Also, find a photo of 800 people, that's your fanbase and that's a lot of people.
That being said, don't forget to have fun with your channel, keep in mind why you love your animals and why you love sharing them with the world.
Personally, I'm enjoying your creative DIY videos, which seem to be the least popular, but they're honestly great!

Jess S

Other than Exotics Lair and The Dark Den, tarantula/invert channels don't seem to do amazing on youtube but they do seem to have a loyal fanbase.
Your videos are pretty solid, you've got good pacing and information and I subscribed straight away but you've got to be true to yourself and your vision for your channel. I'm a content creator myself and one trick to being happy is to value the fans you've got, they'll ride and die with you and enjoy your content because it's your content and share your passion. These fans are worth a lot more than some fly-by-nights who checked out a video because it's got a great clickbait title. Also, find a photo of 800 people, that's your fanbase and that's a lot of people.
That being said, don't forget to have fun with your channel, keep in mind why you love your animals and why you love sharing them with the world.
Personally, I'm enjoying your creative DIY videos, which seem to be the least popular, but they're honestly great!
Great advice. What's your channel?

gognomie

Great advice. What's your channel?
Artist, not video, unfortunately, have a face for the radio and a voice for the silent movies, but I still have to deal with a lot of social media shenanigans and clout chasing. o_O
I'm thinking about submitting a pic for the BTS art competition for a bit of fun this year though.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Premium Member
Artist, not video, unfortunately, have a face for the radio and a voice for the silent movies, but I still have to deal with a lot of social media shenanigans and clout chasing. o_O
I'm thinking about submitting a pic for the BTS art competition for a bit of fun this year though.
do it. :)