• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

JSReptilesUK

Just wanted to drop a message to say hello - I have been an avid exotics keeper for several years now, mostly reptiles but I do now have 15 tarantulas! And although I care for them to the best of my ability, I wanted to come and learn more from the more experienced keepers.

My favourites are pink toes - I have four different sps; Avic. Metallica, Avic. Kwitara, C.Versicolor & Y.Diversipes.

My newest addition I got just on Saturday, a P.Pulcher.

All of them have names! And obviously my new little blonde sling is without one at the moment, so ideas are welcome!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome :). I used to keep and breed snakes but I'm down to 2 now, a Royal and a Blood Python, and Ts have taken over..

JSReptilesUK

Hi and welcome :). I used to keep and breed snakes but I'm down to 2 now, a Royal and a Blood Python, and Ts have taken over..

Thank you! Ah see I don't think the reptiles will ever go anywhere with us, we love them too much! My other half Stevie would love a Blood Python... We can't really justify it at the moment though as it would require moving around the room again to fit one in!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you! Ah see I don't think the reptiles will ever go anywhere with us, we love them too much! My other half Stevie would love a Blood Python... We can't really justify it at the moment though as it would require moving around the room again to fit one in!

No, I couldn't be without my 2 snakes but 200+ were taking up too much time with an aging mother to care for.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum and the hobby, it is very addictive. Since you are on the arboreal craze, might I recommend P. cambridgei, P. irminia, P. reduncus.

JSReptilesUK

Welcome to the forum and the hobby, it is very addictive. Since you are on the arboreal craze, might I recommend P. cambridgei, P. irminia, P. reduncus.
Thank you!

A friend of mine has the P.Cambridgei, I've been looking at the Irminia myself... the local shop has a sling in at the moment, it was between that and the Pulcher on the weekend! Still.. there's another weekend coming up! :p

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you!

A friend of mine has the P.Cambridgei, I've been looking at the Irminia myself... the local shop has a sling in at the moment, it was between that and the Pulcher on the weekend! Still.. there's another weekend coming up! :p

I see much more of the reduncus and cambridgei, never see the irminia