• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello to all!

Adamm0818

Hello. My name is Adam and I am the education director for the Hungerford Outdoor Education Center in Kensington Ct. Thank you for having me. I have kept red-kneeds, chilean rose hair and emperor scorpions. I am looking for recommendations on Ts and other inverts that would do well, both in behavior and minor stress, with educational classes. We are not off the wall busy so I am estimating one class a week( on the high end) with a range of ages attending. I am the sole handler and I have kept and taught with red-kneed and chillian rose hair before but was looking for other options. Looking to keep 4-5 different Ts and 4/5 inverts for less exposure. Looking forward to your groups insight.

Tnoob

Maybe a vinigaroons would be nice. Hermit crabs. I keep baboon species usually, but I don't recommend them. Maybe the kids would find interst in an m balfouri communal.

nedaK

I would recommend the following tarantulas:

Arizona Blonde (Aphonopelma chalcodes)

Costa Rican Zebra/Stripe Knee (Aphonopelma seemani)

Texas Brown (Aphonopelma hentzi)

Brazilian Black (Grammostola pulchra)

Chaco Golden Knee (Grammostola pulchripes)

nedaK

I would also recommend Vinegaroons/Whipscorpions. They are very similar in care requirements to terrestrial tarantulas. They are very slow growing, live to about 7 years on average, and are very active and kids would love to watch them move around their enclosures.

MissKitty

Hello. My name is Adam and I am the education director for the Hungerford Outdoor Education Center in Kensington Ct. Thank you for having me. I have kept red-kneeds, chilean rose hair and emperor scorpions. I am looking for recommendations on Ts and other inverts that would do well, both in behavior and minor stress, with educational classes. We are not off the wall busy so I am estimating one class a week( on the high end) with a range of ages attending. I am the sole handler and I have kept and taught with red-kneed and chillian rose hair before but was looking for other options. Looking to keep 4-5 different Ts and 4/5 inverts for less exposure. Looking forward to your groups insight.

Most any of the Aphonopelmas are pretty laid back, Hentzi, Anax,, Chalcodes,females,,IMO,are more docile coz they are not always looking for chicks!

Latest posts