• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello! New to the message board...

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
Hello everyone! I'm new to the board. I have a GBB tarantula. I got it from Fear Not Tarantulas.com a little over a month ago, and it just molted last week! It's about 1.5" now. This if my first T in quite some time. I had a Pink-Toed about 20+ years ago, and I had a Carolina Wolf spider that I rescued from a grizzly-death-by-warehouse employee a few years back. So, I'm not new to keeping spiders, just probably not as experienced as most of you guys here. I've never had a sling before, so I decided to go for the GBB. Looking forward to sharing photos and videos as it grows and feeds! I've done a lot of research on the GBB species, and it looks like things are all good seeing as how the molt went well, but I always appreciate any advice from GBB keepers as well as the rest of the T keepers here! Thanks for taking the time to read my introductory post!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome back to the hobby :).
Feel free to ask any questions you have, there are lots of very experienced keeper her who are always ready to help.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello everyone! I'm new to the board. I have a GBB tarantula. I got it from Fear Not Tarantulas.com a little over a month ago, and it just molted last week! It's about 1.5" now. This if my first T in quite some time. I had a Pink-Toed about 20+ years ago, and I had a Carolina Wolf spider that I rescued from a grizzly-death-by-warehouse employee a few years back. So, I'm not new to keeping spiders, just probably not as experienced as most of you guys here. I've never had a sling before, so I decided to go for the GBB. Looking forward to sharing photos and videos as it grows and feeds! I've done a lot of research on the GBB species, and it looks like things are all good seeing as how the molt went well, but I always appreciate any advice from GBB keepers as well as the rest of the T keepers here! Thanks for taking the time to read my introductory post!
Welcome to the hobby and forum, feel free to ask as many questions as you wish.