• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Texas

RonC

3 Year Member
My name is Ron and live in the Dallas area. I've only had my G. pulchripes for a couple of weeks so I'm a newbie. Thinking about purchasing another soon. Thinking about a B. hamorii, B. albopilosum, or G. pulchra or maybe an aboreal. Haven't decided yet. Also have four mixed breed dogs.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Ron, welcome to TF. A warning, tarantulas are very addictive and most on here will just tell you to get them all. :D

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My name is Ron and live in the Dallas area. I've only had my G. pulchripes for a couple of weeks so I'm a newbie. Thinking about purchasing another soon. Thinking about a B. hamorii, B. albopilosum, or G. pulchra or maybe an aboreal. Haven't decided yet. Also have four mixed breed dogs.
Welcome to the forum and hobby, I think I've seen your name on AB.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just got a B hamorii. She puts a smile on my face every time I look at the cage. There are other fun tarantulas as well. Lasiodora species are great as spiderlings. They grow quickly and have a great feeding response. Acanthoscuria geniculata and others in its genus are also wildly popular. I'd get those as spiderlings so you can grow with the spider.

B vagans is also worth looking at as well. They are beautiful, affordable and have a great appetite.

In general, I like a great feeding response.

RonC

3 Year Member
Working on my Christmas list. B. hamorii and vegans are on the list along with a couple of Aphonopelmas and maybe a C. cyaneopubescens. Might work an Aviculara in there too. Got my G. pulcra today so I'm Grammostolaed out for now. This is addicting. Got to have enough Ts to eat all these crickets.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Working on my Christmas list. B. hamorii and vegans are on the list along with a couple of Aphonopelmas and maybe a C. cyaneopubescens. Might work an Aviculara in there too. Got my G. pulcra today so I'm Grammostolaed out for now. This is addicting. Got to have enough Ts to eat all these crickets.

Been thinking about selling my AF B hamorii. I’ll be in Dallas a couple of times between now and the end of the year if you’re interested. I could at least save you shipping on one T. Just pm me.