• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from South Wales

Mrs Bucky Barnes

Hi, my name is Lyn-Ann and I’m extremely new to the world of tarantulas and a former arachnophobic, haven’t got my first one yet but I really want one, what is the best species to start with? Thanks x.

Mrs Bucky Barnes

Hello and welcome. :)
As @Teresaisrad says a Tliltocatl albopilosum is always a good species to begin with or any of the Brachypelma genus.
Yes, I’ve had a quick look into them and they do look like a good place to start, I eventually want a Theraphosa Stirmi but I really want to make sure I can handle the caring needs before I just go out and buy one, I’ve had many pets but no spiders before, thank you x.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome!
I think a GBB is a great first T, personally, however my first was a curly hair, Tlitocatl albopilosus

prince charmless

My first was/is an A. Seemanni. I have 2 adult T. Albos. Easy to care for, out and about a lot, good feeders and not too bad about kicking hairs, and also wonderfully cheap. Just keep water in the dish

Latest posts