• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from San Diego

AmberK

Hi there! My name is Amber K. I got my first tarantula in 1983 then got out of the hobby when my first T died and I got married and started a family. Back in the hobby now since my youngest kiddo has left the nest. I currently have 17 Ts and am hoping to meet other hobbyists that I can learn from and share info with. Interested in starting a M. balfouri communal :)

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Hello and welcome to the forum!

What species have you got? I have one M. balfouri in my collection and I love it. The idea of a community of them does seem super cool. I watched all of Tom Moran's videos on the subject too! :)

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the forum.

I too am quite curious as to what your collection consists of.

AmberK

Thank you for the welcome all! My collection is as follows (in no particular order):

A. seemanii (Zebra)
A. avicularia (Pinktoe)
C. cyaneopubescens (Greenbottle Blue)
B. hamorii (Mexican Redknee)
E. uatuman (Emerald Skeleton)
P. metallica (Gooty Saphire)
P. irminia (Suntiger)
B. vagans (Mexican Redrump)
B. albopilosum (Curly Hair *like me!)
A. urticans (Peru Purple Pinktoe)
C. versicolor (Antilles Pinktoe)
H. sp Columbia (Pumpkin Patch lg)
L. parahybana (Salmon Pink Birdeater) x 5

Currently on the hunt for a G. pulchra and researching more on communals. I'm on arachnoboards and have been enjoying info from Dark Den and Tom's Big Spiders. :)

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Currently on the hunt for a G. pulchra and researching more on communals. I'm on arachnoboards and have been enjoying info from Dark Den and Tom's Big Spiders. :)

Great collection. I have several of those.

I bought 10 little tiny G. pulchra slings a few months ago and I'm selling a few of them. They are all molting for the fourth time with me right now and all are over an inch now. Do you ever come up the 5 towards Santa Clarita?

AmberK

Great collection. I have several of those.

I bought 10 little tiny G. pulchra slings a few months ago and I'm selling a few of them. They are all molting for the fourth time with me right now and all are over an inch now. Do you ever come up the 5 towards Santa Clarita?
I could make a trip up that way! Going camping first part of September but maybe after that! That's not too far from Magic Mountain right? :)

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you for the welcome all! My collection is as follows (in no particular order):

A. seemanii (Zebra)
A. avicularia (Pinktoe)
C. cyaneopubescens (Greenbottle Blue)
B. hamorii (Mexican Redknee)
E. uatuman (Emerald Skeleton)
P. metallica (Gooty Saphire)
P. irminia (Suntiger)
B. vagans (Mexican Redrump)
B. albopilosum (Curly Hair *like me!)
A. urticans (Peru Purple Pinktoe)
C. versicolor (Antilles Pinktoe)
H. sp Columbia (Pumpkin Patch lg)
L. parahybana (Salmon Pink Birdeater) x 5

Very nice collection. I've had experience with 7 of the species you listed. I must say one thing though:

(Inhales)......YOU ARE MISSING AN E. Sp. red (H. Sp. red) AND SOME Phormictopus Sp. Which is like giving up tickets for a once in a lifetime vacation in order to sit at home and binge watch vintage episodes of the price is right. I know it doesn't make sense, but it's a Tuesday morning.

AmberK

Very nice collection. I've had experience with 7 of the species you listed. I must say one thing though:

(Inhales)......YOU ARE MISSING AN E. Sp. red (H. Sp. red) AND SOME Phormictopus Sp. Which is like giving up tickets for a once in a lifetime vacation in order to sit at home and binge watch vintage episodes of the price is right. I know it doesn't make sense, but it's a Tuesday morning.
Excellent! Now I must go look up those species! :)

Latest posts