• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello everyone!

dsdarnall

Hello tarantula forum and members,

My name is David, Im 31 years old and I have been an avid arachnid caregiver and enthusiast for about 10 years. Currently I possess 5 arachnids that I care for, 3 are tarantulas and the other 2 are scorpions. Love it. I have a Grammostola Pulchripes, Theraphosa Stirmi (not blondi for sure but i dont care at all), and my prize Poecleothera Metallica. My scorpions are asian forrest and emperior. Pretty standard but beautiful and pretty easy scorpions to care for. I want to be a member on this site because I want to give and grab ideas from other members and I need help with some sexing of animals... one that I have and a few that some friends of mine have. We have an unusual hobby, But sites like this are awesome because people like us need other people with the same interests that's how all of us get better at being keepers and we can keep uploading photos of our beautiful animals that we grow from babies to adults. Thanks for letting me in and lets spread some positive vibes to people that hate our misunderstood little creatures.

Attachments

• 20200201_001504.jpg
    20200201_001504.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 20200201_001757.jpg
    20200201_001757.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10

gognomie

hey there, welcome!
I wholeheartedly agree the community here around the hobby has been fantastic and I'm all for breaking down the walls that surround keeping these fascinating, beautiful but often much-maligned creatures. :T:

dsdarnall

hey there, welcome!
I wholeheartedly agree the community here around the hobby has been fantastic and I'm all for breaking down the walls that surround keeping these fascinating, beautiful but often much-maligned creatures. :T:
A lot of people don't understand how we can love and take care of an animal that does not show any type of affection towards you at all… It's the husbandry aspect that is enjoyable and I personally want to make my spiders look better than any picture I can find on the Internet. My wife has a friend that has like 70 plants in her apartment that she loves and takes care of daily... she rips on my hobby...listen ***** we are doing the same exact thing. Right?

gognomie

A lot of people don't understand how we can love and take care of an animal that does not show any type of affection towards you at all… It's the husbandry aspect that is enjoyable and I personally want to make my spiders look better than any picture I can find on the Internet. My wife has a friend that has like 70 plants in her apartment that she loves and takes care of daily... she rips on my hobby...listen ***** we are doing the same exact thing. Right?
I like to compare it to fish keeping, no one cares about my aquarium and my multiple fish and it goes as standard we don't get much interaction or love from our fish and to me, it's just not that different, we love and enjoy them regardless. Though Ts are a lot less work than a garden or aquarium.

Latest posts