• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heat

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If that's as cold as it gets I would make sure they had deep substrate. I wouldn't subject them to that temp 24 hours a day though...just as a overnight low. Feeding depends on how large they are....slings once or twice a week. Juvies once a week and adults every 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Everything AC said is true. Its also true that temperature plays a huge part in growth rate, activity and feeding. Ive been keeping mine at room temp for years, and they've consistantly grown slower than tarantulas kept at higher temps. Which leads me to believe they thrive at higher temps. Heat mats are fine if you buy name brands in the states, and use a thermostat and gfci.

Brachypelma albopilosum

Everything AC said is true. Its also true that temperature plays a huge part in growth rate, activity and feeding. Ive been keeping mine at room temp for years, and they've consistantly grown slower than tarantulas kept at higher temps. Which leads me to believe they thrive at higher temps. Heat mats are fine if you buy name brands in the states, and use a thermostat and gfci.
What is a gfci?

Latest posts