• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Haven't posted on here in a while

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
Life has been hectic and somewhat crazy lately, haven't really been on or posted in any forums for a while. I attempted my first pairing last night though and wanted to share a little video. Looked like insertions were made after the video ended. The flash on my phone overheated and I had to cut it short. I need a real camera lol

Ghost

3 Year Member
Welcome back hopefully you will be able to post a bit more if things have settled down a bit,we need all the experienced keepers that we can get to help out with all the new keepers questions.
Good luck with your first breeding project it's always exciting times when your waiting on a sac,but at least with H.incei you won't have to wait to long to find out if it has been successful.....

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
Thank you both. I'm very happy this ended up working out to be my first breeding attempt. I also have his brother out on a 50/50 so I have good chances of getting slings between the two breedings.

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
A little update on the breeding. I paired them again about 2 weeks ago and the next day the female plugged the main burrow entrance. I peeked in this morning through where she cleared away substrate at the bottom and her opisothoma has ballooned up without have being fed since she plugged it up. Fingers crossed she'll be dropping a sac soon.

Ghost

3 Year Member
A little update on the breeding. I paired them again about 2 weeks ago and the next day the female plugged the main burrow entrance. I peeked in this morning through where she cleared away substrate at the bottom and her opisothoma has ballooned up without have being fed since she plugged it up. Fingers crossed she'll be dropping a sac soon.

That's good news I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a sac in a week or so.....

MatthewM1

3 Year Member

uploadfromtaptalk1438737095917.jpg

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@MatthewM1 . Hi I paired up my freshly moulted male and female last week. Is there any sign she could be gravid? Not much has changed apart from she has gone mental with her webbing.. She seems to be sitting out waiting on crickets more than normal ?

Thanks sym

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
My girl started doing alot of extra digging, then plugged the entrance to her burrow. Then a few day later I noticed her opisothoma ballooned up with out being fed more. She dropped her sac the day after I noticed the extreme size increase.

Latest posts