• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Harpactira Pulchripes is here

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It has seemed such a long wait since the beginning of December when I first contacted @sym about buying this beauty but the wait has been worth it.

An added bonus is that it has just moulted. sym told me a couple of days ago it was in premoult and brought it in its container so it could moult in its web and it has.

Meet Zulu

Along with Zulu came a new tiny Euathlus sp Red, Chila

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congratulations! I have a couple H. pulchripes, and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite species. Great eaters, good growth, and surprisingly pleasant dispositions for baboon species. And, of course, those colors! And, of course everyone needs an Euathlus sp. red. :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It has seemed such a long wait since the beginning of December when I first contacted @sym about buying this beauty but the wait has been worth it.

An added bonus is that it has just moulted. sym told me a couple of days ago it was in premoult and brought it in its container so it could moult in its web and it has.

Meet Zulu

Along with Zulu came a new tiny Euathlus sp Red, Chila
Awesome. Looks fab. Bet you are one happy bunny :D

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good for you. Really pleased arrived safe and sound. Enjoy looking after the little one. Mine (Apollo) says Hi. Do make sure it gets a name :D
What a dope I am. Didn't see that it's already called Zulu. My bad :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Good for you. Really pleased arrived safe and sound. Enjoy looking after the little one. Mine (Apollo) says Hi. Do make sure it gets a name :D

It's Zulu and the red is Chila

micheldied

3 Year Member
Very nice. I'm loving my H. pulchripes as well. Probably the nicest (combination of looks and how often I can actually see it) baboon I've had.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very nice. I'm loving my H. pulchripes as well. Probably the nicest (combination of looks and how often I can actually see it) baboon I've had.
Mine must be a bit of a recluse then......loves to hide. Might be fed up with the attention and the camera watching everything it does though.....lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've just taken the chance while the cats were otherwise engaged with food to rehouse the E sp Red

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've just taken the chance while the cats were otherwise engaged with food to rehouse the E sp Red
That will be it's home for a while then. Must be wondering what to do with all that space.....

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That will be it's home for a while then. Must be wondering what to do with all that space.....

Yes, I had second thoughts about it but decided it had room for hidey places that a smaller container wouldn't have. sym had had it about 6 months and it had moulted twice but not grown very much so it'll be a while before a rehouse is needed

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49. I'm pleased your happy :) not a bad 280 mile round trip lol.
The H.Pulchripes must of moulted early this morning as I checked on it before going to bed..
Nice meeting you today and thanks for showing Laura and I your collection :)

Sym

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@sym I'm glad you had a good day, how was lunch? I think the H. pulchripes had only just come to the top for a stretch when you got here. the old exo was only an 1" away from it, it stayed out for quite a while but then went back into the web. I had hoped that Zera, the OBT, would appear but that didn't happen. It was great to meet you both and I really appreciated your trouble delivering them.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 . Yeah lunch was really nice stopped off in snape near bedale.
I've a Exo terra 12x12 tank that's not getting used now lol will put that on Facebook for sale..
Down to 9 T's now ...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@sym I'm glad you found somewhere good to eat. I'm surprised you haven't sold them all by now.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 . I will sell my collection on Facebook.
Gonna miss having them but need to think of the cats plus I don't seem to have many visitors to the house anymore lol ...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Enn49 . I will sell my collection on Facebook.
Gonna miss having them but need to think of the cats plus I don't seem to have many visitors to the house anymore lol ...

You will miss them but if those visitors start coming back you can call them all chicken:)