• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Happy T-Noob

Mungi's Buddha

3 Year Member
Hi Folks!
Just wanted to introduce myself and say that I am excited to be a member of this community and looking forward to both learning from your experiences as well as hopefully adding to that experience pool with my own at some point!
At present I am very much still a noob to the T-World but have done quite a bit of research before finally taking the plunge and acquiring our first Ts a few weeks ago.
Those first T's were a delightful 3 1/2 inch Grammastola rosea-Rose Hair and a young perhaps 2+inch Avicularia avicularia- Pink-Toe from our favorite lil pet shop near the house where my wife and I had seen them for about a month before and finally realized that the reason they had not sold was because they were meant to come home with us all along! LOL
Four days later we were in another of the pet shops and I saw a gorgeous H. lividum-Cobalt Blue they had just received and it being one on my list of "Wanted Ts" I grabbed him. My wife although a bit unsure since it would be my first "hot" T agreed as long as she could have a 2nd Pink-Toe that they also had on hand. The Cobalt is approximately 3 inches and the 2nd Pink-Toe about the same size as the 1st.
And then our T Family was 4 strong!:)

I read somewhere someone comparing T's to Lays Potato Chips in that Nobody Can Stop at Just One and I would definitely have to agree....Our T Family has now as of last Sunday increased again after I ran across a lady on the local Craigslist advertising 8 Ts plus enclosures for sale and asking $140 dollars for all. I'm thrilled to say that all 8 are now in our home and instead of cash I actually traded her straight across for a Sony PSP and a couple of games that I had bought a few years ago and never played. We got the Ts and enclosures and she got a great gift for her son for Christmas:)Happy Happy!

Our newest additions are:

1-Grammostola rosea/Rose Hair approximately 4+ inch

1-Grammostola aureostriata/Chaco Golden Knee approximately 4+ inch

1-Brachypelma vagans/Mexican Red Rump approx. 4+ inch

1-Lasiodora parahybana/Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eater approx. 6 inch

2-Ephebopus murinus/Skeletons 1 approx 3 1/2 inches and the other slightly smaller

2-Heteroscodra maculata/Ornamental Baboons both approx. 3 inches

All of my measurements are only close guesses as I have yet to figure out the best way to get accurate ones. I'm also unsure of the sexes on our Ts and in no way feel confident enough yet to guess but I will learn:)

So now we are 12 strong and I have promised no more... at least until after New Years...Lol

Anyhow, glad to be aboard and look forward to meeting you all! I am also totally open to any advice especially pertaining to the particular species we have now. I believe that I have gotten their enclosures set up properly and to their liking as they all seem quite happy. Had to totally redo most of the newest eight we acquired as they were in real need. Luckily I found absolutely no evidence of mites in any which I was very glad of.
I will post pictures soon of each of our "kids" for you all to see. Till then the E. murinus Skeleton in my profile pic is one of the two we have:)

Enjoy the weekend...it's yours to do exactly that!!

Atx13

3 Year Member
Hi Folks!
Just wanted to introduce myself and say that I am excited to be a member of this community and looking forward to both learning from your experiences as well as hopefully adding to that experience pool with my own at some point!
At present I am very much still a noob to the T-World but have done quite a bit of research before finally taking the plunge and acquiring our first Ts a few weeks ago.
Those first T's were a delightful 3 1/2 inch Grammastola rosea-Rose Hair and a young perhaps 2+inch Avicularia avicularia- Pink-Toe from our favorite lil pet shop near the house where my wife and I had seen them for about a month before and finally realized that the reason they had not sold was because they were meant to come home with us all along! LOL
Four days later we were in another of the pet shops and I saw a gorgeous H. lividum-Cobalt Blue they had just received and it being one on my list of "Wanted Ts" I grabbed him. My wife although a bit unsure since it would be my first "hot" T agreed as long as she could have a 2nd Pink-Toe that they also had on hand. The Cobalt is approximately 3 inches and the 2nd Pink-Toe about the same size as the 1st.
And then our T Family was 4 strong!:)

I read somewhere someone comparing T's to Lays Potato Chips in that Nobody Can Stop at Just One and I would definitely have to agree....Our T Family has now as of last Sunday increased again after I ran across a lady on the local Craigslist advertising 8 Ts plus enclosures for sale and asking $140 dollars for all. I'm thrilled to say that all 8 are now in our home and instead of cash I actually traded her straight across for a Sony PSP and a couple of games that I had bought a few years ago and never played. We got the Ts and enclosures and she got a great gift for her son for Christmas:)Happy Happy!

Our newest additions are:

1-Grammostola rosea/Rose Hair approximately 4+ inch

1-Grammostola aureostriata/Chaco Golden Knee approximately 4+ inch

1-Brachypelma vagans/Mexican Red Rump approx. 4+ inch

1-Lasiodora parahybana/Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eater approx. 6 inch

2-Ephebopus murinus/Skeletons 1 approx 3 1/2 inches and the other slightly smaller

2-Heteroscodra maculata/Ornamental Baboons both approx. 3 inches

All of my measurements are only close guesses as I have yet to figure out the best way to get accurate ones. I'm also unsure of the sexes on our Ts and in no way feel confident enough yet to guess but I will learn:)

So now we are 12 strong and I have promised no more... at least until after New Years...Lol

Anyhow, glad to be aboard and look forward to meeting you all! I am also totally open to any advice especially pertaining to the particular species we have now. I believe that I have gotten their enclosures set up properly and to their liking as they all seem quite happy. Had to totally redo most of the newest eight we acquired as they were in real need. Luckily I found absolutely no evidence of mites in any which I was very glad of.
I will post pictures soon of each of our "kids" for you all to see. Till then the E. murinus Skeleton in my profile pic is one of the two we have:)

Enjoy the weekend...it's yours to do exactly that!!
Glad to see another T hobbyist from Ohio! Welcome to the boards, and the hobby! Thats a pretty nice collection you have so far, look forward to seeing some pics of them :)

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the addiction (aka hobby) and the boards!! I think it's awesome that you and your wife share the love for these awesome creatures! Great collection you have so far, and definitely looking forward to seeing pics of the 'kids' lol.

Latest posts