• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings

Zanaspus

Tony, age 59 male from Columbus OH. I currently have no T's and indeed, may never get one. I'm not sure yet. Anyway, I like going against the popular grain and doing research first. Ever since leaving grad school, I've fallen down several rabbit holes, some fully realized, others not so much. Just looking to learn all I can. Who knows, maybe someday I'll have something to contribute.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome. :)
I'm sure you'll soon be tempted to get one if you spend much time on here.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome, Tony.
Research, it's still the best game in town.
Good on you, sir

Jeef

3 Year Member
Hola and welcome aboard!

I lurked here for quite a while before my first spider. I thought I was only ever going to get one. That didn't work out at all. Thought I was only going to get Brachys. Nope. Only new worlds. Not in the cards.

These are the things you don't find out about researching a species. There is a whole other side to things you'll get to see if you hang around long enough.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome aboard Tony/Zanaspus. Lots of amazing people here with insight and support.

I myself had for decades toyed with the idea of tarantulas, even going to the point of getting a special permit to "import" tarantulas that was once required in Maine where I live. I never did.

Then about six months ago, I took the bait and bought a tarantula. I have six now and want more, but lack the space.

They can be fun to watch perhaps not as active as fish, but perhaps quite easier to keep.

Latest posts