• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greeting from California

Nich

Hey all,

Been out of the hobby for about 7 years now but I am officially back. My old handle on AB and other forums was Herpetologyfrk.

Anyways, I’ve successfully bred GBB back in the day a couple of times. I’ve just jumped back in and I have some P. Metallica and M. Balfouri. I also started a very small colony of Cubaris rubber ducky isopods.

There’s so many new species in the hobby and I feel like it’s a great time to get into it again!

Best regards,
Nich

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome back Nich,
7 years is not that bad, like bicycling you mind be out of shape but you never forget how to ride ;)
Enjoy this great forum, cheers.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome!
You started back with some great OW sp. Can't wait to see some pics and posts!

ps. glad you posted here to say hi and that you're not a troll

Nich

Welcome!
You started back with some great OW sp. Can't wait to see some pics and posts!

ps. glad you posted here to say hi and that you're not a troll
Definitely not a troll! But thanks for the welcome.

Back when I left the hobby P. Metallica were still pretty pricey, so it was an easy decision when I got back. Also, I’ve kept balfouri but never communally until now, not sure how controversial that is, but it’s what brought me back tbh!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Definitely not a troll! But thanks for the welcome.

Back when I left the hobby P. Metallica were still pretty pricey, so it was an easy decision when I got back. Also, I’ve kept balfouri but never communally until now, not sure how controversial that is, but it’s what brought me back tbh!
I contemplated communal with both of those species but decided to see how the gp does - deferring for more input

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Never regretted my balfouri communal for a second. Like Tom Moran, my communal is thriving. From sling to adult, they behave like a family--without the co-dependent dysfunction. :cool: :p

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Never regretted my balfouri communal for a second. Like Tom Moran, my communal is thriving. From sling to adult, they behave like a family--without the co-dependent dysfunction. :cool: :p
If I could find a good source (inexpensive) balfouri I would do this, too

Nich

Yeah I really dig mine so far, even if I never see them! They’re 1.5”-2” right now but they’ve borrowed themselves up into a single den. Tom Morans videos are what inspired me to try to haha

Latest posts