• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Grammostola pulchra male or female

sandro

Hi was wondering if anyone can help me sex my grammostola pulchra it was purchased as a female but you never no its 2.5" before it molt it molt yesterday I soaked the molt in warm soap water tried my best with the pic
2021-08-24-18-33-42-419.jpg

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Believe it or not, I am better at sexing ventrally. Octane, Casey, or @MBullock are much better than me---that said, looks like an immature girl.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
I have two G. pulchra, one your size and the other a little smaller. Both were very inactive earlier this summer but lately they have been out and about a lot during the day.

Attachments

• 20210824_095305.jpg
    20210824_095305.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
I am looking forward to that as well, but appreciating and enjoying watching them in the meantime.

MBullock

3 Year Member
My area of expertise is native SW species, so I cant give you an answer. I dont seem to see any spermathecae, but a flap may be covering them. I'm 200% better at ventral sexing

MinesOfMoria

Hello! I just got my first tarantula (a G. pulchra named Mines of Moria, Moria/Mo for short) and I'm loving having one so far! It is about 2 years old and the person who sold it to me said he was 75% sure he was an immature male, but it was hard for him to tell because Moria loves destroying his molts. I have a couple (possibly bad) ventral pictures of Mo and I'm hoping someone with more expertise might be able to tell? I get it if not possible, especially since pictures are so tough. I was just curious and it would help me prepare for the inevitable day I should consider loaning or selling him to someone with more experience to breed him.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 11.30.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 11.30.04 AM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 8.11.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 8.11.17 PM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 30

Latest posts